Rafale selected over Typhoon for India's next fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

riacrato

Senior Airman
Oct 17, 2009
... very bad for me personally as I work for a direct supplier of Eurofighter. This will have very bad consequences regarding my future employment

:evil::cry:

I don't know about better, but perhaps more mature WRT air-to-ground capabilities... now. Not sure what the Indian qualifications points were. And not sure if other bidders knew what the MRCA qualification points were either. I suspect that France just gave up a huge indigenous manufacturing offset for this. France must be doing the proverbial "jig" in delight for their first international sale.

Brazil?

I think there's been some mis-reporting. AFAIK, the Indian Govt has simply declared that the Rafale bid was the cheapest. They are bound by their procurement rules to release that information. The next step involves the detailed negotiation with the lowest bidder. If that falls through, then the game is wide open again. Now, obviously, this is good news for the Rafale team and bad news for the Typhoon team but the corpulent female isn't cantillating just yet.

perhaps the most important part of the bargain for the Indians is that they want more than half — and perhaps up to four-fifths — of the aircraft to be manufactured in India.
Sounds to me like India wants the ability to manufacture modern fighter aircraft. Obtaining a license to build Rafale fighter aircraft would achieve that goal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back