RAH-66 Comanche (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

She lost to the Apache. But many of the concepts are being applied today in Sikorsky's attempt to exceed 260kts in the X2..

Attachments

• x2c.jpg
    x2c.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 76
I've often wondered what could have happened to Boeing's 360 if it made it into production.

Attachments

• boeing-360.jpg
    boeing-360.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 79
She lost to the Apache. But many of the concepts are being applied today in Sikorsky's attempt to exceed 260kts in the X2..

Weird, two lift rotors and and push one, and why it needs a compensation one ? :shock:

Usually the helicopters with double rotors hare counterrotative propellers so avoing the compensation in the tail.

Weird, two lift rotors and and push one, and why it needs a compensation one ? :shock:

Usually the helicopters with double rotors hare counterrotative propellers so avoing the compensation in the tail.

With the MV-22 yaw is acheived through differential longitudinal cyclic. I would think the CH-46 or CH-47 acheives yaw through differential lateral cyclic. This is possible since the rotors are on different shafts. If they are on the same shaft, I don't think this would be possible, hence the tailrotor.

Not sure I understand your question CB. The Cheyenne had a single main rotor, a tail rotor to counteract torque and a push rotor for speed.

The Sikorsky X2 is two counter-rotating main rotors (thus no tail rotor for torque) and a push rotor for speed.

Did I miss something?

Not sure I understand your question CB. The Cheyenne had a single main rotor, a tail rotor to counteract torque and a push rotor for speed.

The Sikorsky X2 is two counter-rotating main rotors (thus no tail rotor for torque) and a push rotor for speed.

Did I miss something?

Disregard my last. I see it was a pusher prop, not a tailrotor. So, how would the X2 generate a yawing moment with two rotors on a single shaft?

Disregard my last. I see it was a pusher prop, not a tailrotor. So, how would the X2 generate a yawing moment with two rotors on a single shaft?

Vary application of torque between the two rotors. Yaw is induced relative to the direction of most torque.

Kloby I meant to ask you and have been forgetting. What are the cockpit control layout for the MV-22? Are the flight controls modeled after airplanes that have STOVL capability? Or helicopters with cyclic and collective? I am guessing the prior, but have never seen pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back