Rare weapon used by Israeli Air Force. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tim,

criminals always existed and will always exist, but is no reason to drop all the laws (the 'rules') and let everybody act as they please.

We all brag about Iran that maybe in 5 years will have an A bomb. Israel has about 150-200 of them (according to the best available estimate, officially they have none). Should we allow them to nuke half of middle east, if the odds of that endless war will turn against them?
Or should we approve if the Palestinian will own some bacteria and start to send some kamikaze to infect the Israelian towns?
All in all in both cases is a 'legitimate use of all possible weapons to win the war', according to the 'no rules' theory.

The fact that nobody was massively gassed in ww2 maybe means that the 'rules' were worth something, of course this 'rules' can only be retroactive because in every war something new will be developed and marked 'inhuman' only afterwards.

The point is that there should be an enforcing system in place that make the rule breaking too costly for the 'criminal'.
You use a forbidden weapon? Well, every commercial relationship with the rest of the world is broken for 25 years.

I know that this is wishful thinking, but on the real-world side i believe that rules are useful, and that everytime someone breaks them should be at least pointed out as a criminal.

Of course, in case of a global world war this cannot be applied, but then the only option is to cross the fingers.

PARMIGIANO, we may be in agreement in theory but not the out come. I agree that there is a slippery slope issue. At what point does a man go from being a solider to being a monster? I do believe that the civilian population should be protected as much as possible but not at all cost.

Dealing with armed combatants that are not conforming to accepted practices of waring nations should not be entitled to protection from those same rules. You have to remember that we are talking about warfare here and not someone that robbed a bank or stole a car. War is a state were the only rule is to kill or be killed. Everything else is PC BS. Sure it is nice to follow a rules as if it was a football game but that is not the way the battle field works.

If party A does not follow the law of war and party B does nothing to Stop A then what? Party A continues the same action. So then what? The UN release several notices? That will do the trick. Lets burry them in paper work.

Interesting statment on the non use of chemicals during WWII. The world was at war already. If Geramny had used chemicals what could the other countires do as punishment, a time out? No use chemicals also. If the other nations failed to lauch their own chemical strikes, the Germans would be continue it's use because it worked. The balance of power would be shift in their favor. So both sides would be lauching chemicals as in WWI. It is nasty but that is war.

I suggest that the lack of chemical warefare was the fact that everyone could launch a strike and Europe still remembered WWI. I do not know what stock piles were availible but it would have been easy enough for everyone to make them. My thoughts is that mutual destruction much like the arms race of the cold war prevented chemical use. I do not think that Axies were to affraid of what the world would think if they went "dirty" (used chemicals.)

The world could not enforce a ban against Iraq, there is no way to cut off trade for 25 years. If the ban did work, it would be used as a battle cry for those that broke the rules. They would become the victims of the world oppression and break additional laws of war by using terrorism. It is a never ending cycle. It is much better to cut off the leg and save the body from the cancer.

I wish I could stay long and talk.
DBII

a picture of the weapon on impact..

Attachments

• 1232189884773_442.jpg
    1232189884773_442.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 33
to me it loos like magnesiumballs on fire.. probably to start more fires..and see how the bounces of here and there they dont seem to do much damage ( except from starting fires..and that is ofcourse damage enough )
these guys have been fighting for 4000 years or something since the pharao threm the jews out ( freed them ) and they wandered of and setteled in the region..and the fighting will continue..so let them do their things..its the only thing they know

in modern aircraft are the caf and jaming in pods or built in

.... or it could be a satilite

in modern aircraft are the caf and jaming in pods or built in

.... or it could be a satilite

What's a "caf"? Do you mean "chaff"?

And, to answer your question, most modern a/c have the chaff and flare dispensers and jamming electronics built-in, though some of the smaller and older a/c are required to carry it on one of their hardpoints, thereby limiting the number of offensive stores they can carry.

For instance, when the A-10 first came out, it had NO built-in defensive countermeasures, such as chaff/flare dispensers and jamming pods, so it was required to carry an extra jamming pod (typically an AN/ALQ-119) and/or a chaff/flare dispenser on one of the outboard pylons. However, updated versions of the A-10 (in particular the OA-10A and the A-10C) have had chaff/flare dispensers installed in the rear portion of the gear pods and at the wingtips.

And I still don't get the satellite part . . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back