Real Nightfighter attack on a Lancaster over Berlin 9/3/1943

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Its not at all bad! item 10 "the Raid over Essen" is similar to the one in this thread, but theres no nightfighter, most of the crew are from the midlands -Yorkshire/Lancashire etc they also have a relaxed approach. Whether its for the benefit of the sound engineer on board or not is hard to say..

But i take my hat off to them all for their courage Bravery.

I believe you are incorrect Les Erich this is indeed a genuine recording. The BBC have become very adept at cleaning up old sound archives and I believe this has been remastered and enhanced the fact the the crew are not screaming and shouting and only get excited at the success of the gunner does not surprise me it is a reflection of the discipline amongst the crewmen
You can learn more from this site about wartime sound reporting. http://www.roger.beckwith.btinternet.co.uk/bh/repwar/wr_intro.htm

Attachments

• f_for_freddie_606.jpg
    f_for_freddie_606.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 342
Blitzkrieg Bop said:
My god! Where can i get this???

I've had it for some time now, cant quite remember where I got it from exactly. but it is probably from one of the following:

1. RAF Museum Hendon
2. Imperial War Museum Lambeth
3. Imperial War Museum Duxford.

If you check their websites, you'll probably find it in one of their shops.

They sound like robots with posh accents
If its real, then they probably avoided swearing while being recorded because of the way some were raised to be polite in that era. They probably didn't want to be heard swearing on a record that could be heard by many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back