Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great purchase. I wish Hannants would consider opening a franchise down under, would save a fortune on postage.
Very true Vic Balshaw . The postage on this lot was about 15% of the total cost. I tend to save up on bits I have to buy from Hannants and do it all in one hit to try to spread the shipping costs across more items. Also means that sometimes I buy stuff in a Hannants order that I would normally get locally.

My wife let me pick what I wanted for my birthday. She was very generous.

Attachments

• IJN Kaga.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IJN Shokaku.png
    237.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 1:48 .png
    114 KB · Views: 15
  • 1:72.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 15
  • J-Birds 1:72.png
    225.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Mitsubishi A6M2 model 21 1:48.png
    538.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Nakajima B5N2 1:48.png
    471.2 KB · Views: 15
  • AIchi D3A1 1:48.png
    638.2 KB · Views: 16
I thought I had a pretty good handle on what's out there in 1/48 for the Spitfire, but I chanced across this one the other day. I don't know yet how it stands up as a kit (online reviews suggest a not entirely accurate nose but nothing dramatic), apparently it's an Italeri rebox of an Ocidental(?) kit from 1999, which seems like yesterday to us old timers but is getting o a quarter of a century ago. Anyway, whatever the kit shapes up like it's owrth getting for the interesting decal options alone, some of them will find their way onto other kits - as well as the pink cover girl there's an interesting French option, and I do like the look of the bare metal Italian Mk IX!

Users who are viewing this thread