Recent Purchases (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heinz

Captain
Feb 6, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
I figured people could say what they have bought recently.....

Today I got myself an italeri Lockheed Hudson 1:72 with 2 RAAF options

The Interior detail is fantastic and the panel line are recessed......

Im not sure if its a reboxed job or no tooling, whatever its aces.

Secondly I bought a ICM MkVIII spitfire in 1:48 scale...

For something different it comes with US markings as a nice surprise I found it has cannons than can be revealed and a complete merline with framework for display...

I'll be quiet now:lol:

Please post away anything you have recently got kit or model wise......

work,work Heinz. :lol: I'll be waiting for pics of your effords.
I've seen the Hudson model, it is realy good quality model.As far as ICM Spit model is concerned you will have to work on it very hard.Putty,putty and once again putty.Besides as memory serves ,the fuselage is about 2mm longer than it should be,The wings have improper trailing edge in a shape, the engine cowling at the top of fuselage is too flat.Let's me see ,there are all main problems probably you will come across.

My recent purchases: Westland Whirlwind 1:72 scale BILEK model,FW 190 D9 also the same firm and in the same scale and SU-22M4 BILEK/Italeri 1:72 scale model.And in the end, BF 109F-4 ICM 1:48 scale model.

Lots of putty ey Wurger:shock:
I have a new tube of Tamiya so i should be right:lol:

Some nice stuff you have there Wurger I too look foward to seeing them finished...

Also please excuse my typos in the first post.... discraceful.......:oops:

Lots of putty ey Wurger:shock:
I have a new tube of Tamiya so i should be right:lol:

Unfortunately, yes.I don't know how the main parts and details of your model look like but early kits had many collapsed areas on all of them.I've heard that ICM used a new plastic to make them and as a result the holes have become smaller and less viisible.If your model is a later kit it can be better quality.If not,the putty is needed to make the surfaces of the model smooth.Mostly you will have to use this at the top of wings on both upper and lower surfaces, the lower surface of the fuselage especially at the area where the wing is connected with the fuselage and at the upper area of wing-fuselage transition .Please also, pay your attention to the shape of an air intake to an engine carburettor,it is much more fitted to MKV than to the MK IX.So the new tube of Tamiya putty can come in handy.:lol:

Also please excuse my typos in the first post.... discraceful.......:oops:

Don't worry about these.The English is not my native language so I have to make many mistakes and I reflect on this if my English is understandable for all mates there.

Question.

Whats the best online model supplier in America I guess (cause of the shipping) The nearest quality hobby shop to me is in Corvallis Or (Trumps Hobbies) which is about 100 miles away.

I figured people could say what they have bought recently.....

Today I got myself an italeri Lockheed Hudson 1:72 with 2 RAAF options

The Interior detail is fantastic and the panel line are recessed......

Im not sure if its a reboxed job or no tooling, whatever its aces.

Secondly I bought a ICM MkVIII spitfire in 1:48 scale...

For something different it comes with US markings as a nice surprise I found it has cannons than can be revealed and a complete merline with framework for display...

I'll be quiet now:lol:

Please post away anything you have recently got kit or model wise......

A Spit with US markings in a kit build? I would like to see the box art and the final assembly please!

48065_ICM_Spitfire_MkVIII.jpg

Thats the kit Matt....

thers more in the series, I really want to get to a big hobby shop soon as I;ve got some cash:lol:

At the moment a local games shop that stocks a few kits will have to do8)

Yes ,the Spitfire serie consists of some kits.The difference is the decal.
There some shots of the ICM Spits.

BTW There is Spit with Israel markings but I haven't had the shot of the box top.

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,882
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2,881
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2,872
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 2,869
  • s5.jpg
    s5.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,794
  • s9.jpg
    s9.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 2,660
  • s7.jpg
    s7.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,731
  • s6a.jpg
    s6a.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 2,716
  • s6.jpg
    s6.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 2,755
Question.

Whats the best online model supplier in America I guess (cause of the shipping) The nearest quality hobby shop to me is in Corvallis Or (Trumps Hobbies) which is about 100 miles away.

I get most of my models, paints, and other modeling supplies from Tower Hobbies (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/listings/cat-s.html). The selection is good and the shipping costs are reasonable and predictable. The shipping cost also includes tracking, which I find rather enjoyable.

tom

tom

I use Tower Hobbies also. great selection. especially for RC stuff. I am working on a 36" RC boat off and on. I have all I need to get it into the water and run it. Its a scale 1950/60s Coast Guard Utility that I am converting to a commercial crab boat and will also fit out as a Salmon trawler. Its kinda neat, because there are quite a few of these hull conversions in the Newport OR. fishing fleet. I just haven't made up my mind which boat to emulate.

Mine is as follows and all is in 1/48.

Tamiya:
A-1H Skyraider x2
F4U-1A Corsair
Heinkel He 219

Hasegawa:
F4U-5 Corsair
F4U-5N Corsair
F-8J Crusader
F-104C Starfighter
Hawker Typhoon Mk 1b "teardrop"

Italeri: