Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heinz have a look at RedRoo Models they are in Victoria, Glen Waverly I think. A good mob to deal with, they go out of their way to help you get what you need. :thumbup:

Wurger
I have not tried a resin model. What is the difference between that and plastic?

To be honest, there are some differences between them.The first is the price,the resin kits are mostly a bit more expensive than the plastic ones.Secondly,the resin kits need a cyanoacrylate glue for assembling.The resin parts mostly don't have the stabilizing pegs,therefore the CA glue must have the longer time of drying.This kind of the CA glue is available in a gel.Using the CA glues you should keep a good ventilation at your workshop.The next thing is a resin,there are some problems you can meet with.In many cases (especially in kits of small firms or cheaper ones but not only) there can be small holes on all surfaces of a model that are made when the blisters of air hadn't been removed before the resin was hardened.In a result you have to use a putty to make the surfaces smooth.The resin is both hard and fragile so you have to be careful of cutting off the resin parts.I don't recommend scalpel razors and knives for that.The best solution is a razor-blade-saw.A resin likes heat and then it becomes soft.It is an advantage of the material,'cos some of kit parts can be bended ,using warm water you could make these straight.The rest of assembling technology is the same like the plastic kits need.I maen the preparation of a model for painting, putting decals, etc....
Ah,there is once more feature of the resin models,the resin one is heavier than a plastic one ,unfortunately.:lol:

Thanks Wurger (Butcher Bird, right?)

That satisfies my question completely. I just never had much experience with resin. My favorite plane models to build have always been wood construction. Problem is, I really need lessons in covering. I have been thinking of a monokote solution.

Hi folks,
Here is the Wellington I mentioned a few months back ,finally complete!

Cheers,
Yakflyer

Attachments

• DSCN4326.JPG
    DSCN4326.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCN4327.JPG
    DSCN4327.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN4329.JPG
    DSCN4329.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN4330.JPG
    DSCN4330.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 173
Very nice! Spurred me on to get my Lanc finished.

Is that the original Airfix lanc with S for sugar markings?

Cheers folks,
The Lancaster is the Tamiya kit, I don't think they make it anymore, but I really want to build it again as I did that one when I was 11 and really I could do much better now...
Yakflyer

Wurger

Yes, Monokote. I think it comes in a gazzillion colors and is paintable. I was able to do a few good jobs with tissue and dope but that was long ago.

That collection is utterly impressive. Any chance of some of the better models being posted into the model gallery with aircraft types? I would just love to use some of these as wallpapers. They look marvellous. Especially the Wellington, but also the American P-51 Mustang. At least I think it was a P-51 Mustang in one of the cabinets...

8... 9... 10 Spitfires.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only Spitfire fan here...

And concerning the 1/48 Tamiya Lancaster... They no longer make it in the "standard" way. The only replica you can get is the propeller action one... At $122.00 USD.

I think that crashed Bf-109 is pretty interresting. I was considering doing the same thing with a Mustang III that I broke the landing gear a while back. How did you make it look realistic ?

What make is the P-61?

Also just brought Tamiya BF 110 and Spitfire I, which I never even realised they made. Good old eBay!

Negative Creep

Northrup P61 Black widow night fighter. Very hush hush in ww2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back