Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wish I had the time to even consider building that many,

does anyone else sometimes put off starting a really awesome kit like me? sometimes im scared I'll bugger it up lol :D

I think that is it Wurger, but I was not sure on the scale.

simply put I have no room in the old sage office for models ............. sniff

Here's my latest effort, an Italeri 1:72 Ju87 D5. I added a little more cockpit detail and the swastikas, but otherwise is straight out the box. To get that hastily applied winter camo effect, I sprayed it dark green then went over with random airbrush patterns. If I don't say so myself, the end result has come out very well, although I over weathered the guns slightly.

Stuka1.jpg

Stuka2.gif

Incidentally, I have read that the D5 version came without the 20mm cannons and dive brakes, or with cannons but no dive brakes. I've fitted both as suggested by the kit, but I'm not sure as to which is the most accurate (it does have a wing antenna by the way, but it fell of as I was moving it and is now properly attached.) I might add some snow effects to the underside tomorrow

My last purchase:
sturmpioniere.jpg

I intend to refit soldier on the middle and move them on the back, as well put gunner lying on the raft bottom and reconstruct this scene:
german_specialforces.jpg

What do you think about this?

wow that Stuka looks amazing. Congrats.

When I have time I will take a few photos of a few individually, where is this section that you post them on? I'll find it I guess.
That P-61 is Monogram I seem to recall, while the 110 I have is Revell. You can't see how awful the '61 looks thank god, good old black paint! I'll sort out a few I like the most, my 109E is one of my favourites, along with my Zero, 110 and Hurricane.
Regarding the 109 crash display, all I did was heat up a folk, and in combination with a heated knife, it was like... a hot knife through butter! I did that years ago too, so it probably doesn't look that realistic now, but at th time, I remembered reading that there was an inherent weak spot behind the cockpit in the 109s where they would often fail when crash landed. That 109 is an F model, from Hasegawa. Quite keen to build it again but in normal fashion but hell I am so busy these days I don't fancy having much time to add anything for quite some time! That is what flying aeroplanes and saving for property does to you!!

YakFlyer

PS there are a few missing in those pics, the 110, and an He 111, the Spitfire I and Hurricane I are in one of the other photos. cheers

I think that is it Wurger, but I was not sure on the scale.

simply put I have no room in the old sage office for models ............. sniff

Yes the model is quite big.There is a pic from its top-box.My friend has the model in his wife's wardrobe.:lol: Do you want the kit?

Attachments

• BF110G2.jpg
    BF110G2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 125
Very very nice JU 87 Negative Creep. :D My is still in a box.I have somewhere an article in a magazine for modellers but the model was assembled using 1:48 scale kit.It looks magnificently with the winter camo.:)

Wurger are you serious ? I'd love to have it if possible. by the way the box art is a bit corny. the ZG 76 bird did not have yellow under engine cowlings

and Negative Creep: a fine rendition of that D-5 on the Ost front, it's a beauty !!

E ~

No problem Erich,I'll talk with my friend and I let you know.There is a top-box of the mode.Are you sure if it is this kit?

Attachments

• bf110rev_02.jpg
    bf110rev_02.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 182
Picked up a model and kit yesterday. First is a RAAF mustang MK IV. Point Cook base has the same plane flying at this time. For only $16Aus I thought it was a steal. Looks fantastic all bar 1 blemish in the rear fuselague.

Secondly picked up Academys T-6G Texan which is pretty cool, thank wingnutz as he inspired me to get it after seeing his great model in a thread.

Click on the photos to enlarge:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back