Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi folks posted a small sample of pix (as requested) of some of mine, in the model photo album.
cheers,
yakflyer

I've just looked at them.Well done YakFlyer.:)
The B-17 looks very impresive.I though you should add a model of Fw 190 to your collection to make it much more complete.

A question for you all...

How do you guys here do any of the camo for British and especially German planes without fancy airbrushing equipment?

By the way Heinz... that mustang is FANTASTIC! Make scale?

It is not so hard PJNC.Usually I mark with a pencil borderlines of the camo colours ( RAF for instance ) and then I paint the marked areas with a proper colour.If you want you can paint the lighter colour of camo on all model surfaces firstly and the next colour you can put on the model secondly.For instance : RAF camo Light grey or Dack egg blue or Sky type S on the lower surfaces and the Earth brown or Ocean grey on all upper surfaces.Then you can use Dark green colour on some areas of the upper surface.Certainly the layer of the first enamel has to be dry.I don't reccomend this way because the second layer of enamels makes " steps " on its edges that are clearly visible.Therefore it is better to paint colours one next to one.Besides If enamels aren't so dry you can obtain an interesting effect.The bordeline between them becomes smooth and looks like it would be painted with an airbrushes as shown in pics of my old Yak-1 fighter 1:72 model.
The German ones you can paint with the same rules.You should remember that the borderline between two camo colours was a straight line mostly and the lower colour of the camo was also put on both sides of a fuselage up to half of it or even higher.There you can use paper self-adhesive tape to mask areas that you don't want to paint firstly.The main problem are small spots but for painting them you can use a brush (its thickness determines dimension of spots) which should be clipped as short as possible ( 1 or 2 mm of bristle).

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 170
Hey PJNC the mustang is in 1:72 scale. Converted currency works out at $14US which is amazingly cheap for the quality.

Easy Model is the name of the company but inside it reveals its affiliated with Trumpeteer which makes sense as the finish is first rate

Theres a variety of models in the series, Spitfires, hurricanes, mustangs, focke wulf, Bf 109s etc they all have a variety of markings.

There are 6 in the mustang series to collect.

Thanks Wurger for the info about painting. I've always wanted to do a German plane but have been scared away by the fear of building it well but finishing it horribly wrong. Maybe I'll go look for a little 109 or Me262 or somehting and give it a go.

Thanks for the info about the Mustang Heinz. I've previously built a 1:48 and am thinking about beginning a collection. I think I might give one of those 1:72 a try to see how I like it.

I've had a bit of a binge recently, as I have a long and boring summer ahead until uni restarts. So I have brought: Revell Hurricane mk2, Hellcat, Sopwith Camel and Fooker DrI (never built any ww1 models before) Hasegawa Zero and Black Hawk (first hele as well,) Fujimi Irving, ZTS IL2 and a Matchbox Beaufighter. That should keep me busy for a while

I've had a bit of a binge recently, as I have a long and boring summer ahead until uni restarts. So I have brought: Revell Hurricane mk2, Hellcat, Sopwith Camel and Fooker DrI (never built any ww1 models before) Hasegawa Zero and Black Hawk (first hele as well,) Fujimi Irving, ZTS IL2 and a Matchbox Beaufighter. That should keep me busy for a while

Wow you sure will be busy. I just finished a Revell Fokker Dr.I, it was a bit dificult but fun. Never did any WWI planes before either.

Hmm.... blackhawk... now I want to do one. Haven't done a non-WWII plane besides that Fokker and an SR-71.

I can see NC you will have many to do.Have a good fun.:)
I cannot decide myself on which one of models I should buy.There are some Revell kits for a good price in a shop.Spitfire,Hs-123 and Fokker Dr.I.What is your piece of advice guys?

Oh,sorry I 've forgotten to tell you that they are in 1:48 scale kits mostly.The Fokkere Dr.I "Red Barron" is 1:28 scale one.I 've already had the 1:72 kits of Fokker Dr.I both the Revell and the Eduard one.I think that the Revell kit is quite decent and it is possible to make a nice model.

Look forward to seeing the photos when they are done, Negative Creep. Well done to all the creators of the great models on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back