Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks! I have one more coming (I couldn't resist!). It's the last kit of the year coming next week.

My local Hobby Store has a crazy "Buy 1 get ?" deal going. Get the LA-5 and the rest come with.
purchase1.jpg

Wife got me a 1/144 F-14 with flight deck for Christmas. 😍

Great scores guys!

My latest, all 1:72 of course.

Eduard # SS210: Bf 109G-6 (for Hasegawa kit)
Eduard # SS263: Bf 109G-14 (for Academy kit)
20231223_224731.jpg

Model Alliance (ex Hawkeye Models) # A-7204: Kaman SH-2F Seasprite (resin + RNZN decals, for Airfix kit)
Rapt with this, been looking for it for the last 8 years or so!
20231223_224859.jpg

Ah, the new Revell Mk.IIb.
From memory, there's not much in the old kit that can be used for kit-bashing - the cannons can be improved, although aftermarket examples would be better, and the wheels are not very good at all. The wing does have the breech cover blisters though.

Ah, the new Revell Mk.IIb.
From memory, there's not much in the old kit that can be used for kit-bashing - the cannons can be improved, although aftermarket examples would be better, and the wheels are not very good at all. The wing does have the breech cover blisters though.
I'm thinking about surgical removal of the breach blisters and ejector ports on the bottom. The kit isn't worth much else. If I do this I'll get master gun barrels and turn the IIB in a C. That's the thought anyway.

Sounds like a plan.

I built the original kit as a "sort of" Mk1 around 30 years ago, changing the prop, deleting the cannons and bulges etc, and a couple of years back started on another one, again as a Mk.1, using a nose conversion kit, resin exhausts, prop, wheels and cockpit - I must finish it someday !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back