Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

is that 1/48 Glenn, you'll have to let me know what its like if it is as i want one of those to go with my shark mouth A10 !

It is 1/48th scale and a nice kit. I built it a few years ago when it was still made my Hobbycraft, and posted pictures of the finished model here (see link below). I've read that the position of the nose may be a little low compared to the wing, and if you look for it the radiator looks like it is a little low on the wing, but I never noticed it until I looked for it. I think it's a great looking model of the early P-40's
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/your-completed-kits/p-40c-hobbycraft-1-48th-pearl-harbor-27271.html

Last edited:
Hey Glenn,my Amtech P-40E arrived -

Kit looks pretty good though I think my Revell P-40B kit is slightly better detailed.
It says on the box that you can make 2 versions though as far as I can see u get 2 identical fuselages and 1 set of wings

The only interchangeable parts I can see are the instrument panel,seat-back(different head-rest),engine cowlings and exhausts.
This is fair enough but why 2 identical fuselages?I've studied them and can find no difference at all.

Nice decal sheet for aircraft -

P-40E-1 Capt Andrew J Reynolds 9th F/Sqd,49th F/Grp New Guinea May 1942
P-40E-1 1/Lt Dallas A Clinger 16th F/Sqd,23rd F/Grp Kweilin,China Oct 1942
Kittyhawk Mk1 Sq.Leader M.T. Judd 250 Sqd,RAF Western Desert Aug 1942
Kittyhawk Mk1a 450 Sqd RAAF Western Desert 1942

I'm very interested to find out who the RAAF pilot is as I love the personalised Boxing Kangaroo.

Cheers,
Tony.
P.S. Just realised I took 2 pics of the wings,there is only 1 set!

Last edited:
Looks like it's the AMT/Etrl kit with a different fuselage. I'll have to pick one up. I was looking into it last night and I read somewhere that it comes with both the flared and round exhaust stacks. Is that true? I can't quite make it out in your pictures. That would be a real help with the P-40K I'm working on now as I need the flared type and the kit comes with the round type.

I haven't made any plans to, and honestly didn't think of it, but that's a great idea! I'll have to look around for the dates.
About MAPLE FLAG - General Information | Maple Flag | 4 Wing Cold Lake | Air Force | DND/CFEven if you have to bus its usually a pretty good deal, I'll wager they have a couple of A6's . Its a boring drive though but that only means small crowds. Putting two and two together the Snowbirds are there on June 18-20th . I guarantee it will be the best sirshow anyshere nearby. Hera are the AFs
•Canadian Forces;
•Danish Air Force;
•French Air Force;
•German Air Force (NATO Period 1);
•NATO AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control System);
•Royal Air Force (NATO Period 2);
•Royal Netherlands Air Force;
•Royal New Zealand Air Force;
•Republic of Singapore Air Force;
•Turkish Air Force;
•United States Marine Corps; and
•United States Air Force.

Last edited:

Tony,

There is a reference to a Flg Off Jowett (picture attached) in 450 Sqd with a Boxing Kangaroo
It also says that at least 3 Kittyhawks carried the boxing kangaroo as well

Cheers

Mike

Attachments

• kittyhawk 001.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 76
here's what I got for christmas and last month.

Revell 1:72 Douglas DC-3. I want to do it in another airline, but my choices are spread ridiculously thin. this is just the Italeri C-47 kit. the only thing that makes it a DC-3 is an added door to make it one. so there are no seats. nothing of luxury in there. my choice of liveries is narrowed down to Alaska Airlines and Delta Airlines ship 41.

Minicraft 1:144 VC-118 The Independence. yep. I got another one. lol and the decals on this one are correct unlike the last one. so I bought Pan American decals to make it a DC-6. the decals are by Two Six. so they were very high quality and rather expensive...but they were worth it. they even put curtains in the windows!!

MPC 1:144 Boeing 737-200. Airfix has this kit under their name. but I got this on sale so I got lucky. the decals are rather bland. so I may go with another airline. I dunno what yet, but when I decide...I'll get back to you on that. heh

Revell 1:48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk. II. I had a warbird weakness and I had a michael's coupon so I figured what the hell. lol it was only after I got home I realized I had another spitfire kit that javelin sent me. so I figured I could put 'em alongside each other like the battle of Britain.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 63
Rob I made a comment on the other thread about just this particular series of planes.The nose on this Independence was orginally yellow and it was thought that it was interfering w/radar in the nose it was cleaned and repainted white.Cheers

Rob I made a comment on the other thread about just this particular series of planes.The nose on this Independence was orginally yellow and it was thought that it was interfering w/radar in the nose it was cleaned and repainted white.Cheers

yep, I heard about that.

I bet you guys can't guess what this is for.

Harrison I should of bought a few of those kits oh lets 7-10yrs ago?I think AM was having some financial problems and the price of these kits in a couple HS <50% of retail but I had not done any of there kits.I think this lasted maybe 6months or so and the price went back up.Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread