Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And I thought a B-24 was what was in front of a Ki-61.

Good catch. You'd think a Japanese company, especially Tamiya would be able to catch that error. Well minor, oh no, I'll burn the kit for this indiscretion!

OK..... after 2 years of a self imposed buying ban I finally caved. I found an unused VISA gift card in my wallet that was due to expire at the end of the year. I went to PG today because I knew the "LHS" sell Airfix and I wanted to get a P-40 to do the blue version recently posted in the P-40 thread. Major disappointed when they had none but I couldn't leave empty handed could I.

Just did some checking online and the price I paid was very reasonable. If I can't find a picture of an RCAF kite for which I already have decals in the stash, I'll do the Irish version pictured at the bottom of the box. Having a shufti through the instructions, I was quite pleased to see that Airfix includes extensive wiring diagrams

Thanks Terry. I just found out the the difference between the Mk.I and Mk.II was that the former had a metal hull and the latter had a wooden hulk. Would this cause a visible difference and would there be others? I just found a spiffy over-all yellow-orange Mk.II; HD874 belonging to the Royal Australian National Antarctica Establishment, 1948

Don't think any differences would be apparent on a model Geo.
I have a Walrus book on the hard drive - if I can get it to attach, I'll send it to you via e-mail.
If I can't, then my PC is going in to hopefully solve its current problems, and get some up-dates and more memory etc, on Monday, and I hope top have it back by Wednesday, so I'll sort it then.
Some good info, colour schemes and detail pics in the book, so should be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread