Remembering Mriya

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I see the video label and the link sends me to a page, but that page is black and it doesn't do anything.
I am using Firefox on a Windows laptop. (Same result with Chrome.)

Gostomel
Destroyed equipment of the occupier and our favorite burning plane "An-225 Mriya".

Does this work? It's real quick, over on the right. Can't see much but it looks like an Antonov.

Last edited:
I click on the linked image and it sits there loading indefinitely, like so:

Screenshot_2022-03-03-18-59-11.png

(image source: my crappy cellphone)

I click on the linked image and it sits there loading indefinitely.....
1. Try to copy the link from my previous post, insert it in your browser and start the video from Imgur.com.
or
2. Go to Imgur.com
Insert the title Gostomel Destroyed equipment of the occupier and our favorite burning plane "An-225 Mriya" into the search box.
Click on the magnifying glass.
Imgur will open the video.

Sadly, there is no search feature, but you'll notice that imgur wants me to get the app in the screenshot.

This phone doesn't have any "apps" on it and if I want to put apps on it, I have to pay to access the "app store" (it's a piece of sh*t, really), it was supposed to be a temporary fix until I got moved into my place and brought my computers home from storage - almost three years ago, now.

Many thanks for the help, though, much appreciated.

Sadly, there is no search feature, but you'll notice that imgur wants me to get the app in the screenshot.

This phone doesn't have any "apps" on it and if I want to put apps on it, I have to pay to access the "app store" (it's a piece of sh*t, really), it was supposed to be a temporary fix until I got moved into my place and brought my computers home from storage - almost three years ago, now.

I was doing everything on my PC and described it as it was on the screen. I don't have a smartphone for comparison, I have only a "dumbphone" (to talk to other people).
Check if you can open the attachment with your smart device - this is the video from Imgur.
Cheers!

Attachments

• Gostomel Destroyed equipment of the occupier and our favorite burning plane An-225 Mriya. - Al...mp4
    793.3 KB

Yeah. Things in storage are a pain in the whatsit and it is amazing how long it takes to find somethings that you packed away. My shipping containers were packed with care and I still find things in the wrong place several years after giving up on finding them.

Yeah. Things in storage are a pain in the whatsit and it is amazing how long it takes to find somethings that you packed away. My shipping containers were packed with care and I still find things in the wrong place several years after giving up on finding them.
My case was this house I bought just needed a "little fixing" which was the understatement of the century.

A "few months" has turned into almost three years - I've had to do everything by myself, no friends or family to help. No contractors available because they're in short supply due to the local wildfires.

I almost got it done, but expended my entire savings in the process, so I might not be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor after all - but at least my computers are safe in storage. For now.

But I digress - the photo of the An-225's hangar is a sad sight 🙁

Yes, sure is

Never got closer than about a km to it but fondly remember going through its 4 engine baby brother at the Bicentennial air show here in Aus.

In the middle of its ultra impressive show while it was in an 80 odd degree bank less than a wingspan off the ground the very laid back Brit announcer said something like that aeroplane weighs as much as eight two story brick veneer houses so that pilot is throwing your whole street around up there.

:cry:

One thing I see, and this is being optimistic, is her wings are fairly intact.

The other An-225 is a mostly complete fuselage sans wings, so there may be hope...
Regarding the computers in storage, I'm hoping yours will work better than mine after not being used. I had a used (office setting) windows 7 unit set up with plenty of memory and empty hard drive so I could use the scanner for negs, prints, 35 & 120. I kept it on an APS and checked from time to time. With the approach of hurricane Ida, I disconnected everything. Got the urge to finish the scanner a couple of weeks ago and the 7 won't start. No problem, I'll simply crank up my XP with the new mother board. Nope, another dead one. Two units with apparent power supplies dead from non activity, both kept in the computer room along with this 10 I'm using. Fall back and regroup.

Regarding the computers in storage, I'm hoping yours will work better than mine after not being used. I had a used (office setting) windows 7 unit set up with plenty of memory and empty hard drive so I could use the scanner for negs, prints, 35 & 120. I kept it on an APS and checked from time to time. With the approach of hurricane Ida, I disconnected everything. Got the urge to finish the scanner a couple of weeks ago and the 7 won't start. No problem, I'll simply crank up my XP with the new mother board. Nope, another dead one. Two units with apparent power supplies dead from non activity, both kept in the computer room along with this 10 I'm using. Fall back and regroup.
Change the motherboard battery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back