Revell 1:144 Boeing 737-800 Continental Airlines

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
here we go...my second 737NG..this time in Continental livery. this may be my best work since the Southwest 737. the next 737 NG I hope to do in SWA Canyon Blue livery. I'll have to buy a mitre saw and a mitre box to cut the fuselage down to the exact length. but anyways, during the final stages of this construction, I had to force myself to work on this. I did it inside because the weather was rather chilly and such. but anyways the first time I applied the future polish, i had applied a little too much and it was dripping. so I had to wipe the model down and try again. it was only the 3rd or 4th time that I got it right. after that, it was smoooooooth flying (pun intended) putting on the decals...I spent a LOT of time on the tailfin because it was 2 parts for each side the first was the blue color and basic globe...then came the gold trim which was hard to keep straight after that I had no problem applying the rest of the decals.

the only thing I wish i could fix on this was the paint line on the fuselage running from bow to stern. it's all crooked and curved...whereas on the real plane, it's straight as a prop.

Picture001-4.jpg

Picture002-5.jpg

Picture003-5.jpg

Picture004-4.jpg

Picture005-2.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

thanks, Javlin. I'm doing the Spirit of St. Louis next this is for my local airport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back