Revell 1/32 P-51 "Flying Dutchman"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beauty Kevin. Have you seen these?

1575508725125.png

Thanks Geo can highly recommend the Revell 1/32 P-51 now lets see if they do a new P-51 B/C I am in,almost bought another from Sprue Brothers probably will before Christmas. ;) Kevin

So I introduced this little version here figured I finish it here.The last coat of clear has been applied to which I still need to do the yellow leading wing bands the decals broke apart old.I believe I used the roundels that the decal sheet called for but the profile shows the yellow outline while I can still see distance that close stuff...well?I used stainless instead of magnesium around the exhaust and an extra silver out in the field.I should a used the flash.

p51 001.JPG

p51 002.JPG

p51 003.JPG

p51 004.JPG

The bands have been added and some pics with flash and I looked at the instructions on the decals per the sheet correct :dontknow:

9_30_b1.jpg

p51 005.JPG

p51 006.JPG

p51 007.JPG

I had seen another build of this plane with the brighter red and the white on the spinner Revell kit \Tamy Decals revells research in this case was more accurate.

I see. Here is enlarged part of a pic of the PK-J FB161 crashed in 1945 . The size of the PAF checkerboard and its location can be noticed well.

7 _PK-J_FB161.jpg

Regarding the spinner .. here is a couple of enlarged shots of the PK-H. Not sure if the third images is of the her too but it can be noticed that the back ring of the spinner was of the NMF rather.

PK-H_a.jpg

PK-H_b.jpg

PK_.jpg

the pic source: the net...

So it is very probably the PK-V could have the white removed from there like in the profile below.

PK_V profile.jpg

I was thionking the spinner may of been white/red going in hand with the checker boards.

That could be the reason for the rendition. But it would be a kind of colour inverse because the PAF checker board had the top left square white as the first from left. However the correct layout should be with the red square there. All Mustangs of the 315 Squadron seen in known pics , had the white there.

I think the color of the roundels is correct Wojtek the bright red and blue was pre and early war till 1940 when things started to change .The dull indent red/blue started showing up after that point and the yellow on the fuse was introduce in 1942(?) Tamy colors are right but still some doubt lingers is it right for the plane and squadron not that I am going to change it at this point. ;) Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back