Revell 1/48th B17G. Problem !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
Hi guys,

A friend of mine brought a brand new Revell B17G last year and has only just decided to open the box and
and have a look, he noticed there are no Instructions and also the main front windscreen is missing too. :rolleyes:

Anyone know the UK distributor for Revell ? So i can email them and see if i can get the instructions and the clear part. :oops:

Thanks.

ian.

I am sure some British guys will have an answer but the only thing I can say is I have both..but, the windscreen I have to sand a bit on the top and bottom to fit it but, seeing I won't/can't finish mine if you have an issue finding a UK distributor just PM me.. :)

Sorry Ian
I don't have the answer but am I seeing a rather irritating trend here?
There seems to be an awful lot of kits these days with bits missing - or is it just that with the advent of the 'net, there is more opportunity to report it than in the past?

Thanks about that B17-engineer, Fingers crossed i should/might get the address of revell.

Can you tell me what the number is for the cockpit window.please ?

Colin. I reckon with the missing parts is all down to Quality Control, years ago this just didn't happen my only grumble is poor decals and this could be anything from out of registrar to stuck to the instruction sheet.

ian.

I can provide the Instruction Sheet Ian, but not the transparent part. Revell (UK) recently changed agent and contact procedures - I'll see if I can find the details. However, by the time you get a response, and/or the part, it would be easier to make the screen and side windows in four pieces, from clear sheet. The kit part, on both the 'G' and the 'F' aren't a particularly good fit, and if you want, I can take a pattern off mine and send it to you, along with a copy of the instructions. Just bung me a PM with your address mate.
NOTE, if he's also missing the waist windows, I should have a set, as I converted mine to the staggered, single pane windows.

REVELL GmbH Co. KG
Henschelstraße 20-30
D-32257 Bünde

Tel.: +49 (0)5223 - 965 0
Fax: +49 (0)5223 - 965 488

e-mail: contact_d(at)revell.de

I tried to look up Revell dealers for Europe off of Revell's website. The above address and phone number were all that I could get out of it. Apparently there are no major authorized representatives in the UK. Hope this helps.

NFN is correct; the UK office for Revell, via the Importer, has moved, and all enquiriesfor the UK and Europe are now to be channeled through Revell (Germany).

Hi guys,

Terry is going to make me a drawing of the clear parts and photocoping me the sheet.

my mates model kit still had those round thick clear security seals on the base of the box and all the parts are still in the bags.
So someone on the production assembly lines was not paying attention when they boxed it up.

ian

Nah, the machine which drops the parts into the bag was having an argument with the machine which seals the bags, and the machine which was waiting for the bags to give to the machine which puts the bags into the box on the other machine interupted them. So, none of the machines saw the small part fall away from the sprue, miss the bag, and settle into the industrial equivalent of the 'Carpet Monster' - except the floor-cleaning machine......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back