Revell 1/570 RMS Titanic

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
this is the Revell 1/520 scale RMS Titanic.

the rigging lines and the cotton smoke coming out of her funnels are NOT part of the kit! I did that myself! ^^ of course everyone knows the story of her. c:

b1453c48.png

Damn, Trebor, you made that all by yourself? That's excellent.

My brother and my grandpa from my mom's side of the family made a model on Brittanic. It was basically a titanic model, but there was some add-ons and a different paint job. I'd share the photos if I had some.

Well done Rob.:D I like the idea of the cotton smoke.Excellent my friend.

Wow Robert! Not only does it look really good, it also looks pretty big! How long is she?
Don't want to seriously invade your thread, but there was a book I read many years ago, a fictional novel, published I think about two or three years BEFORE Titanic was launched. The story-line centred around a brand new 'super liner' setting out on her maiden voyage across the Atlantic. On board were steerage class irish immigrants, the rich and famous, and the designer. The ship struck an iceberg and sank, with the loss of many on board.
It was very spooky reading this, knowing that the book had been written long before the keel of Titanic had been laid, and the real disaster followed the story line as if it were a script. The really strange thing was the title of the book, the same as the name of the fictional ship. Can't remember exactly, but it was something like 'Titan'!
If anyone knows the book I mean, and can point me in the right direction towards finding a copy, I'd be very grateful.
Sorry Robert, back to your thread.
Terry.

thanks a lot, Wayne! you coulda done it better, tho.

plus, the ship is only partially rigged. I couldn't do the aerial rigging, cos it would be way too hard >_<

Vasilli, thanks very much indeed! I think that's the one, as it was in the early '70's when I read it, and can't quite remember all of the details. I do know that the one I read was an original copy, printed, I think, about 1900, and I've always wanted to read it again. Now, with your info, I can find out more! Thanks again.
Robert, your model looks great - don't risk the other rigging unless/until you feel up to it, and even then, take it easy!
Terry.

Vasilli, thanks very much indeed! I think that's the one, as it was in the early '70's when I read it, and can't quite remember all of the details. I do know that the one I read was an original copy, printed, I think, about 1900, and I've always wanted to read it again. Now, with your info, I can find out more! Thanks again.
Robert, your model looks great - don't risk the other rigging unless/until you feel up to it, and even then, take it easy!
Terry.

No problem Airframes; haven't read the book, but probaly should. I was a major titanic nut when I was a kid!

...one small correction. One of the four stacks was purely there for looks and wasn't actually connected to the boilers. I believe it was the rearmost one. So simply remove the cotton from the offending stack and bingo! Quickest correction ever!

Or you can leave it in, as I would, because it looks better! :laughing6:

Well done, you really seem to enjoy what your doing. I'm jealous because I just can't find the time...for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back