Revell Junkers 88 A1 1:32scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ah Ha! Thanks Guttorm, that's cleared up something for me! The wood cover was obviously acting as a hand guard - I think the ones I saw were later ones, as you said. I also had access to a very rare MG15, one of only two, possibly three, to be known to still exist. This had a water cooling jacket, similar to the Maxim or Vickers, and a solid steel rod butt,with a butt plate that had a thick leather pad on it, and also a bi-pod. This was used as a ground infantry weapon, and weighed a heck of a lot - nearly twice that of the MG34 ! Very impractical, I would have thought!

thanks i think this diorama will turn out quite nice (atleast in my head ..hehe but we will see how the end resault turn out )

I know the Mg 15`s you are talking about Airframes..we also have one of those in our storage with watercooler ! and i guess this is the one you mantion when talking about bipod and end steel rod.. that was a set delivered after 1941 so all the Mg 15`s not in use in the A/C could be used as ground defense
and as you say..its so darn heavy its really impractical.. but still a nice display

Attachments

• mg 15 details.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 81
Not quite the same Guttorm. Yours has an MG34/42 bi-pod, and retains the air-cooling jacket, and I presume the water jacket has been sectioned for display purposes. The one in the armoury had a very wide diameter water-jacket, and a much simpler, spike-like bipod. Could never figure why they fitted a water jacket, as the weapon had already been issued to second-echelon units, as a ground weapon, still with the air-cooling jacket, and worked OK in its intended role.

guess you are thinking of thisone..i knew what you meant but i thought you mentioned both types

so when will you make a Ju 88 A1 Airframes ? hehe

Attachments

• b3.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 81
That's the one Guttorm, although the steel butt-stock is not fitted to the example in your pic, it's the same.
I'm going to get an '88 very soon. I've got a few other things to sort out first though. I think I mentioned that the Revell model will be too big to transport to Czech Republic, when built, and too costly to package safely and send by carrier. So I'm going to convert the A4 that I'd already converted into an A5, and use that for the museum, in 1/48th scale. The Revell kit has just increased in price by around £5, but I'll still get one anyway. I want to get some new shelves built first, so that it can be displayed under cover as soon as completed. BTW, I've found those JU88 plans I mentioned, if you PM me an address I'll e-mail them, or send photocopies by Air Mail, which would be better, as they are across two pages, and a bit big to scan accurately. As you know, there will be inaccuracies of course!
Terry.

Nice info gutt .A word of caution when any of you guys are building the TSR2 the profile of the nose is wrong and it does not meet the bottom of the front cockpit glazing but don,t panic this is easy to put right with very careful sanding and dry fitting if done carefully you should not need to do any filling and it actually brings the nose to the right profile which should be a smooth line to the point of the nose and not a kinked one as the wonderful airfix have seen fit to mould.BB

Thanks for the info BB, although I won't be building a TSR2. Thirty years ago, when it could have still been possibly re-born in real life, maybe; but now, it's a 'what might have been', killed by a stupid Government of the time.
Shame to hear that Airfix got something a little wrong, after so long, and so many delays in releasing the kit.

Hi 88 just thought you might like hear this i have read that there is another JU88 in norway being restored i believe it is at bodo .BB

You are talking about the 4N+EH ???

It looks they made the most of the plane with new parts..
That´s the difference to the Gardermoen 88..

Nevertheless ..... also a very nice work

Take a look here:
Junkers JU-88 D-1 4N+EH Werk

Attachments

• 4neh.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 4neh2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 78
Yep thats the baby nice work but i prefer gutts one anyday this (new)one looks to new or are they returning it to flying condition?.BB

Oh.. think not the plane receive "flying condition"

But there can´t be enough restored of this beautiful bird!
Maybe if the A1 at Gardermoen is finished and on display they will have a closer look to the C2???

Guttorm.. it´s your turn *gg*

Yes.. A flying 88 would be the greatest !
We have "new" 190 and 262 in the air.. the Ju 52 is still airborne.. why not a 88??
So.. Let´s wait and hope

Users who are viewing this thread