Rising Sun warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It was quite the shocker for everyone who saw me the next day. As I had been out since 7pm and been drinking 'til 5am, I trekked back into town from a friends house to get a bus home and I'd only noticed what had happened (the extent of injury) like a hour before. Being drunk I obviously didn't feel anything ...but when I was walking I started to sober up, luckily it was quite cold and I was only wearing what I had on the night before and I was cold, very-very cold which equals numb. ...and as I didn't realise, I was bleeding everywhere ...completely covered in blood. The townsfolk weren't too impressed, I'll tell you that much.

Oh yeah and I got into town at 6am, forgot it was now sunday when the first bus home didn't run until 10am. :rolleyes:

Luckily McDonalds opened at 6:30am so I sat in there spending what remained of my money from the night before feeding myself and getting about six cups of coffee. ...and bleeding on the floor.

I have an old Ontario driver's License with my photo taken after a night like that - I feel the pain in my face even as I think about it!!!!

It was an extremely wild night out, a friend's birthday. There were fifteen of us and only one made it without being injured or ill. One of them broke his wrist falling off a seven foot wall but didn't realise until the next day!

Personally, the combat with the road bruised my jaw and all the left side of my body. Cut my left shoulder open, grazed both elbows and arms as well as both knees and did serious damage to my hand in the way of several cuts and one opening that went right down to the bone. They're almost healed now. I've become quite the old hand at healing my drunken injuries. Bandaged all up, changed the dressing everyday and washed with anti-septic ...it works wonders.

Man when I drank that much, I usually woke up on a roof somewhere. I woke up in a supermarket loading bay one time. I think the instinct was just to find a secure place to sleep it off, and hope I didn't piss myself through the night. :lol:

I woke up face down in a gutter at the Rose Parade, New Years Day 1980. Someone covered me with a blanket and there was these 2 little kids using me as a hill for their hot wheels track! I was hung over for 3 days! :drinking: :puke:

I have this amazing instinct to get home no matter how drunk I am. I might take a few miles of a detour but I always manage to get home. It's quite impressive.

And I'm going out tonight ...watch out road, I'm going to kick your ass!

I had one time where I didn't make it home. I was coming back from the airmen's club at Lakenheath and a buddy shoved me into the bushes. I was so drunk I couldn't get out of the bushes. I woke up at dawn still in the bushes! :lol: I didn't even go to the barracks at that point, I headed straight to the chow hall for some coffee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back