Roethlisberger's accuser reports threatening calls

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't think I would be so quick to judge someone else without being in thier shoes or knowing them at all. I wouldn't put it past some nut job fans calling with intinidating and threats so I would not dismiss it as her needing to get a life. I don't know all the information on her accusation of rape, maybe she's lying, maybe she's not but she still does not deserve to be threatened with death or put in fear for her life over it.

Here's a couple things that struck me in that report:

The woman did not report the alleged assault to law enforcement authorities.
And then after a year goes by:
She's seeking a minimum of $490,000 plus punitive damages.

Had there been a rape, then there would have been an investigation with evidence collected and perhaps a conviction, or at least a trial...but to say nothing and wait for a year to go by and just go for money?

All she has at this point is hearsay.

Well the not reporting of a crime of this nature is not all the unusual unfortunetly so I could kinda understand that.

But then to just ask for money I think is a tad on the odd side.

We'll never know the nature of the relationship, if any, between these two, but.....

No police report, no evidence, no witnesses, etc.

Now she's looking for cash. :rolleyes:

TO

I'm not sure what the statute of limitations is on rape, but wouldn't it make sense to file a rape report THEN file a civil suite?

If anything, filing a criminal complaint first would add credibility to the second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back