RUSSIAN MANUALS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Reference Data on the Aircraft Engines - 1943 Publisher: State Publisher of the Ministry of Defence Industry
This is a handbook covered data for a number of aircraft piston engines, used by soviet air forces. A number of soviet-built and foreign engines are included.

Attachments

• book181.PDF
    39.2 MB · Views: 411
:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:
Can't thank you enough for adding to the knowledge bank.
I sent a link to a gentleman who does translations Russian to English translations for aerospace and military publishers, and I'm not sure he appreciates what a gold mine you're creating.

My sincere thanks!

"The Reference Information on the Air Forces" 2nd Edition - 1935 Publisher: State Military Publisher. Alekseev M., Batashev M., Malinovskii P
This is a handbook on the military aviation, its organization, types of military aircrafts, air fields construction, communication etc. So, a lot of information for the beginner.
I cut this down into 4 parts as it is a large file(424pgs.) and I can't remember the maximum size for the forum

Attachments

• 202a.pdf
    33.6 MB · Views: 296
  • 202b.pdf
    30.6 MB · Views: 188
I just wish I remembered where I got them from. There are many from the '50s up that I'm not posting and deleted due to modern copy right laws

I would not rush to delete the newer ones until you can find out what the Russian copyright laws are.

In US all military pubs are open slather unless they are marked restricted (or similar) and the aircraft is in service.

In NZ you can copy almost anything if you have made an effort to obtain a legal copy. (I will get a photo of the source asap and post).

Someone in this forum must have Russian connections that know what the Russian copyright laws are or alternatively I would suggest contacting the Polish Aviation Museum Cracow

They will know as they publish manuals for the MiG-21 from 1982. Muzeum Lotnictwa Polskiego w Krakowie

1572295174182.png

Did some trolling around and there's a Russian copyright act dated 1993 an it says official documents are exempt. There's a lot of hereforafters and whereins after this but I never saw the words "official documents" afterwards.

"Aeronautics" - 1940. Publisher: Military Publisher of People's Commissariat of Defence . Authors: Polozov N.P., Sorokin M.A.

"The title translation is not fully adequate. Aeronautics in Russian means any type of aerial navigation. Title of this book means the aerial flight by lighter-than-air aircrafts, i.e. airships, free and captive balloons. I can not find any adequate single-word term in English, "Aeronautics" seems to me as most close case. The book describes the history of aeronautics and describes in general technical aspects of it"

Attachments

• book203.PDF
    20.4 MB · Views: 169
"The Air Armament of Germany" - 1935 Publisher: State Military Publisher. Authors: Burche E.F., Velizhev A.A., Vladimirov M.A.
Subtitle (on the second page of the book): "History, techniques, cadres, current state and capabilities"
The book describes the modern state of Germany Air forces armament for the middle of 1930s

Attachments

• book208.PDF
    26.5 MB · Views: 191
"Aeronautics" - 1940. Publisher: Military Publisher of People's Commissariat of Defence . Authors: Polozov N.P., Sorokin M.A.

"The title translation is not fully adequate. Aeronautics in Russian means any type of aerial navigation. Title of this book means the aerial flight by lighter-than-air aircrafts, i.e. airships, free and captive balloons. I can not find any adequate single-word term in English, "Aeronautics" seems to me as most close case. The book describes the history of aeronautics and describes in general technical aspects of it"

I think the word you are seeking is aerostat. That is a lighter than air aircraft that gains its lift through the use of a buoyant gas. Aerostats include unpowered balloons and powered airships. A balloon may be free-flying or tethered.

"The Organization and Combat Employment of Naval Aviation"-1929 Publisher: State Publisher the Department of Military Literature. Authors: Khanov A. Musselius B

The book describes the contemporary views on the subject, including bombing, torpedo attacks, airfield organization and service

Attachments

• book244.PDF
    7.5 MB · Views: 150
"The Handbook on the German Artillery Ammunition Components" - 1943 Publisher: State Publisher of the Ministry of Defence Industry. Large file so its in two parts

Attachments

• The handbook on the German artillery ammunition components pt.1.pdf
    26.1 MB · Views: 182
  • The handbook on the German artillery ammunition components pt.2.pdf
    25.2 MB · Views: 153
"The Handbook of Artillery Ammunition of Former German Army" - 1916 Publisher: Military publisher of the Ministry of Armed Forces of Soviet Union

Attachments

• book256.PDF
    37.6 MB · Views: 246

Users who are viewing this thread

Back