Seaplane Raids

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Zipper730

Chief Master Sergeant
Nov 9, 2015
I remember once reading about the PBY's being used to mount a bombing raid at night. It was during WWII in the pacific theater. I have nothing else on it.

There's info about PBY Catalina night bombing raids in the Pacific theater at this link:

Consolidated PBY Catalina - Wikipedia
Already discussed at great length on this forum

In September 1942, a sub-launched Yokosuka E14Y seaplane launched an air raid near Brookings, southern Oregon. This was the first time enemy planes attacked the US mainland. Info about the Lookout Air Raids can be found at this link:

Lookout Air Raids - Wikipedia
Also discussed at great length in this forum

Perhaps use this forum's search feature to find what you're wanting to learn...that is unless digging up old threads and posting redundant info from Wiki is your thing...

Which it clearly is. Is there a "mass lock" feature that can be enabled for any thread over a year old?

I think the ability to keep a thread in hibernation is fine if useful information comes up. It seems better than having to start a completely new thread from start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back