Searching for airplanes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

warpi

Recruit
Jun 11, 2004
Hi! I'm making a webgame which will contain famous airplanes from the countries United Kingdom, USSR, USA, Germany, Japan.

It would be nice to have atleast 1 bomber, 1 seaattack, 1 dogfighter from each country. If there excist several famous, then they could be in the list also, just not to many.

I know that it will be a big list and a lot of work, but it's very important to make the game realistic.

I've been searching on my own, but there is so many airplanes to choose from, and I have no idea whichones that is famous.

Thanks in advance!

Hello warpi :D Are you looking for WWII planes? If so, this is the place to look! If you're looking for planes from other era's, we coul probably scrounge something up as well :D

What's your preference?

Hi! Thanks for the fast reply! Sorry, I forgot to nemention. It should be airplanes from the WW2 :)

The thing is that I have no idea which ones is famous and it's impossible to have them all because then the game would be to complicated maybe.

Thanks in advance!

My suggestion is to try something like going to google or askjeeves and typing in the Phrase "famous fighters of WW2" <------ just like that with quotes around it see where it takes you.

Kiwimac

What do you mean by seaattack? A plane starting from ships? If so then:

Germany
bomber: Heinkel He 111, Junkers Ju 88
seaattack: none (Fw 200 starting from ground)
dogfighter: Messerschmitt Bf 109, Focke-Wulf Fw 190 (definitely both!)

Japan
bomber: Mitsubishi G4M Betty
seaattack: Mitsubishi A6M Zeke (Zero), Aichi D3A Val
dogfighter: Mitsubishi A6M Zeke (Zero), Nakajima Ki-44 Shoki (Tojo)

Britain
bomber: Avro 683 Lancaster
seaattack: Fairey Swordfish, Supermarine Seafire
dogfighter: Hawker Hurricane, Supermarine Spitfire

USA
bomber: Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Consolidated B-24 Liberator
seaattack: Grumman F4F Wildcat, Douglas SBD Dauntless
dogfighter: North American P-51, Republic P-47 Thunderbolt

USSR
bomber: Tupolev SB-2, Petlyakov Pe-8
seaattack: none
dogfighter: Polikarpov I-16 Ishak, Lavochkin La-5, Jakolev Jak-3

If you don't have a Spitfire Mk. XIV in there I'll kick you in the nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back