Sharing an article I wrote of USS Ralph Talbot (DD-390) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vassili Zaitzev

Master Sergeant
Nov 25, 2005
Connecticut, United States
Hello everyone,

I have not contributed in awhile, so I would like to share something I wrote. As I mentioned in my other thread about coming back, I have been a Park Guide with the National Park Service for the last several years. During the summer of 2020, not much was going on in person due to the Coronavirus. A lot of work was done online, and this was my result. It took awhile to research and write this article, but I think I did a pretty good job. I've been drawn to the Battle of Savo Island for years now, so it was gratifying to write about the topic. My name is in the article, but I've always found this forum trustworthy. Hope you folks enjoy. Any critiques or comments, feel free to lay them out. Cheers!

That was an excellent article. There was a bit I really enjoyed. When I was a Sea Scout, we would always step the mast of our sailboats with a 25 cent piece for luck. I didn't know it was still being done with steel ships.
Thank you kindly for the feedback. When I was going through the newspapers during the research phase, I thought that was too interesting to pass up.

Hello everyone,

I have not contributed in awhile, so I would like to share something I wrote. As I mentioned in my other thread about coming back, I have been a Park Guide with the National Park Service for the last several years. During the summer of 2020, not much was going on in person due to the Coronavirus. A lot of work was done online, and this was my result. It took awhile to research and write this article, but I think I did a pretty good job. I've been drawn to the Battle of Savo Island for years now, so it was gratifying to write about the topic. My name is in the article, but I've always found this forum trustworthy. Hope you folks enjoy. Any critiques or comments, feel free to lay them out. Cheers!

A very nice topic, indeed. For me, personally, the most interesting part was the namesake and the story behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back