Shooting in Aurora movie theater,12 dead,atleast 50 wounded

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torch

Senior Master Sergeant
Feb 9, 2006
Florida
This morning a James Holmes,dressed in body armour and gas mask,tossed a couple of tear gas canisters and opened fire. He surrendered to Police,FBI searching for explosives in his apartment,found one in his car. POS should die a painful death. Victims from 3 months to 45 years of age

Last edited:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Steve

I think what Steve was saying was is more people practiced that right, then the attacker could have been taken down faster.

--------------------

It really is tragic, obviously another nut case. I cannot imagine what kind of person it takes to shot a 3 month old.

Ok,not sure where Steve was going with that. The guy had body armour on,Shotgun,Semi auto of some kind plus a pistol, would of been tough getting into a shoot out with the nut.

Just for the record;

Aurora is a city east of Denver. Basically a "blue collar" community, it has sections considered "the wrong part of town" and there is a lot of crime there, especially gang activity and drugs. For years locals use the term "Saudi Aurora" when describing this area. I am saddened by this incident and wonder this guy's motives. BTW it happened at a mall and there have been shootings there before.

It is a tragedy and first and foremost I think of the victims.

I posted that clause precisely because it can be interpreted in so many ways. I was not expressing an opinion either way. I'm sure the "gun debate" will go up in volume again but it is a matter for the American people,not me.

Cheers

Steve

As all have said and I throughly agree this is a tragedy, and the anti-gun people will use this as more proof that guns need to be banned. Last year there were 32,885 traffic fatalities in the US. Tragic deaths that could have been avoided. Obviously cars need to be banned.
Concealed carry laws mean that I do not have to hide while someone with a gun uses me for target practice. If 1 in 10 in that theater had their own gun....

Even if guns were banned or more restricted, I don't think at this point it would do much, as there are so many guns among the population, legal or illegal, so that gun crimes would remain at least the same. For instance, in Canada you can have a loaded gun in public basically if you're hunting or at a range (aside from Police or Armed Forces of course). It's been that way for a long time, and there just isn't the same prevalence of guns here. Most murders here are stabbings. Do gun crimes happen? Of course. But because it's been hard to get a gun for a long time, there aren't as many in the country, so there aren't as many on illegal markets etc, whereas if they were made illegal in the US the guns still exist, and more will eventually make their way to people who will use them to cause harm to innocent people. I'm not arguing the merits to one way or the other, just basically long-windedly saying that at this point making guns illegal won't change much.

I'm not arguing the merits to one way or the other, just basically long-windedly saying that at this point making guns illegal won't change much.

That it would be a case of latching the stable door after the horse had bolted.

Steve

That it would be a case of latching the stable door after the horse had bolted.

Steve

Not once did I say anything supporting one way or another, nor make any hints. I was comparing two different idealologies and just replying to Mike's comments about anti-gun people trying to ban firearms, and that if they succeeded it would change nothing from a criminal standpoint. I'll drop it but I don't think I said anything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back