Silk and barbed wire

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nig

Airman
Sep 24, 2011
Just got home from bull creek aviation museum in Perth Western Australia and purchased a copy of Silk and barbed wire. Twenty odd years ago I had in my possession a binder A4 book I think called They Flew, They Fell, They Survived from a gentleman that used to call at our farm on business. This book has his story in it also (Peter Thomson) I have since lost the original but excited to get another book that has his story in it. Copies can be purchased here Sage Pages . Unfortunately as it is copyright I won't be able to reproduce the stories on this forum. There are other titles to be purchased here also of bomber command and POWs.

This book does have excerpts out of they flew they fell they survived. A good read. All reproduced in the style of the various contributors. Some are short and to the point and others are very indepth to the pow experience. I like the story when upon being released he nicked a mustang, cleaned out the long range tank, filled it with beer and flew it to altitude to chill it and brought it back for other POWs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back