Skins...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Plz can anyone plz tell me were to find the mappings (skins) for tha bombs etc!!

i was wondering the same thing some time ago, i looked arround with not much luck. i found an extractor but all i get are binarie codes (and im not the genius to figure that all out)

Damn i wanna know, cus i got some skinned bombs somehow with plane skins i downloaded. But i wanna make my own

maybe you should ask the guys from the site or forum u downloaded the skin from. and when you have the answer you can share them with us

I did mate, reply at all. Its more a dump website and not really a forum. But i'll wait for someone that knows it Tnx though!

Plz can anyone plz tell me were to find the mappings (skins) for tha bombs etc!!
From a quick look at the files, these TGA textures are stored in the \ARMS\ folder. So if an aircraft uses a special bomb (like the B29_Silver_Plate), you'll find sub-folders in that aircraft's directory in \3DO\Arms\ with the bomb's name. In that subfolder (i.e. \B29_Silver_Plate\3DO\Arms\FatMan\) you'll find the skin.TGA texture for it.

If there is a bomb-texture mod in your mods folder, it will have a similar structure. Something like:
[bomb_mod_name]\3DO\Arms\xyz

...where xyz is the name of the bomb, like:
AB-1000
Beau_torpedo
FAB-1000
HVAR-5inch-AP
TinyTim

So...., rightclick on your MODS folder and let a search run for "arms".

Enjoy!

I've made some skins by making a copy of the void file changing it in photo shop form indexed color to RGB saving it as a 32 bit bmp file and then using paint, just painting my design straight over the top. then open it in photo shop and pasting the void back over the top and fading it out with the blending options in layers. that way you still get the details with no messing around with filters. I've had some promosing results. Oh and you have to change it back into indexed color otherwise IL2 won't open it. If you dont make it 32 bit when you save, it will go gray scale.

R A.

Users who are viewing this thread