Soldering Irons....?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have two, a modest Weller temp control iron with a selection of tips, and a much more expensive American Beauty Resistance Soldering Unit (RSU). For doing really critical work, especially if I'm soldering something near something that has previously been soldered, the RSU is irreplaceable. My version has a precision tweezers with two stainless steel pointed electrodes. Through this goes a low voltage/high amperage AC current. The joint is heated by resistance directly in the area to be soldered. The current is adjustable. For PE work, somewhere between 10 and 15 on the dial works. For heavier work like brass structural assemblies, I use 50 on the dial.

That said, you can do great work with a pencil iron that has some temperature adjustment.

I'm attaching a primer that I wrote on the subject.

Attachments

• Precision Soldering.pdf
    7.5 MB · Views: 32
I have a very simple set for soldering, but when it's possible I soldering all my PE parts, it's more reliable then gluying with CA, and PE is definitly not Just for the younger builder 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back