Some details concerning the Askania EZ42

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chocks away!

Senior Airman
Jan 16, 2005
Cyprus
Hey guys. I'm working on an illustration concerning the Askania gyro sight, and It seems there is not much reliable information on the web.
To be more specific:

a) I have photos of the actual device, but none that show how the adjustable reticle appeared when the gyro system was enabled, and also if possible when it was caged.
It would be great if someone directed me to some related literature, or just a diagram or picture of the reticle.
(I realise it must have a similar system to the feranti sight shown below in regard to the adjustale 'diamonds')

b)Which aircraft types had it installed?

c)Which units used it in action?

I would appreciate any information you guys can provide me with, but I would also like it to be accompanied by a reliable source

Attachments

• k_14_in_the_p_47_01_465.jpg
    k_14_in_the_p_47_01_465.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 319
Here are the a/c that it was installed in, FW-190A-8, FW-190D-9, D-11, ME-262, DO-335 and possible the TA-152.
I have seen pictures with it installed in the FW-190A-8, D-9, ME-262 DO-335.
I haven't seen any documentation of it being installed in the Bf-109. Due to the large size of the EZ42 it probably wouldn't have fit in the Bf-109.

Regards,
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back