Spitfire MK 5B - wheel dimensions.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PSPS

Recruit
Aug 3, 2007
Please, anybody, I need the wheel dimensions of the MK 5B. Thanks!

Hi,
According to my infos the base of main landing gears of Spit Mk.Vb was 1.74m.The wheel dimensions of main landing gears was 600x190 mm,pressure for wheels 353-392 kPa.The tail wheel 260x80 mm and pressure 333-412 kPa.

Hope I was helpful.
regards,

That's just great! Thak You Wurger for all these numbers! I've two more questions, if possible, about the cannons and the tail wheel. Do You know the lenght of the cannon-cover from the wing-edge to the end of the cover, respectively the distance between the wing-edge and the muzzle of the cannon? And the last one - the distance between ground and the fuselage, where the tail-wheel is situated?

B.R. and thanks a lot PSPS.

What accurate info you need.Have you been building real Spitfire Mk.Vb?:lol:
I'll try to find these but I cannot promise.

regards,

That's just great! Thak You Wurger for all these numbers! I've two more questions, if possible, about the cannons and the tail wheel. Do You know the lenght of the cannon-cover from the wing-edge to the end of the cover, respectively the distance between the wing-edge and the muzzle of the cannon? And the last one - the distance between ground and the fuselage, where the tail-wheel is situated?

B.R. and thanks a lot PSPS.
I can find out the info on the MKIX if you want

Well, I'm bilding an Spitfire in scale 1:8 from Savex Savex GFK Modell - ** Modely - ** Vrtulová letadla - ** Supermarine Spitfire MK Vb Gold edition ( Combo verze ) (the model on the picture is actually mine) I'm not an scale-builder, but I'm trying to do details as right as possible. What I nead is some kind of simple drawing, showing the details, so I could messure and estimate things. I've spend lot of time on the web, searching for this details, but nothing! I've colectet lot of photos on the web. It's just about to do things right, when you're to glue anything with epoxy, it must feels right. I appreciat very, very much all your answers.
B.R. Peter

Thanks very much. I'm not an Spitfire-expert, not yet anyway, and I don't know the diferences between the MK.VB and MKIX types, but I supose I could use the information, so please, let me know, thank you.
B.R. PSPS

What I nead is some kind of simple drawing, showing the details, so I could messure and estimate things.

These drawings may help. Scale included.

I don't know the diferences between the MK.VB and MKIX types,

In that case, you won't mind that these are of the Mk IX?

Many Thanks Graeme for these drawings!

There are lot of details I can use. The layout of the tail-wheel is cleer now, so do the gear-doors as well. The cannons, however, differences from these on the photos of M.K.VB I've collected. It would be nice to get over similar drawings to the M.K.VB, so I'm still searching.

B.R. from Sweden

Hi !!!
Sorry PSPS for delaying in respond but I have been forced to go out for a couple of days.There are the dimensions you've asked for,certainly if you are still interested in:

a cannon and its covering : total lenght ( with a barrel) 80,4 cm.
covering lenght 59,04 cm.

the distance between the fuselage and GND where the tail wheel gear is mounted - 39,4cm.

Additionally,there are some drawings that can be useful for you.Source unknown.

Attachments

• spitfireaik.zip
    493.6 KB · Views: 338
  • spitfiretsagi.zip
    789 KB · Views: 277
What can I say Wurger?! You did it. Thanks again, I've got it all now.

B.R. PSPS

hows this with the larger version you can read scale

Attachments

• IMG_1848_1_1.JPG
    IMG_1848_1_1.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 431

Users who are viewing this thread

Back