Squadron PV-2 book????!

N4521U

Plastic Pirate
14,548
7,533
Joined
Nov 1, 2009
Location
Miranda, NSW
I am in need of a certain photo in this old Squadron "In Detail" book.
Back in the mid 90's I did some nose art on the side of Doug Lacey's PV-2.
A cartoon of a sailor saluting, "Ready for duty, Sir". I would like to find That image!
So, please if you happen to have that old book, could you scan and PM Me the image???
I want to do Doug's #178 Navy Harpoon and put that image on the side.
It was at the Hamilton AFB in Marin where Doug had his Mid Resto plane on exhibit.
I was there with Russ and hie Mustang, drove there in my sign truck.
Doug found me out and asked if I would do Something on the side....... I did!!!

TIA,
Bill
 
Last edited:
Which "In Detail" book are you referring too?

Squadron/Signal had a few "detail in Action, but no PV-2. Search Result

Detail & Scale does not have a PV book. Detail & Scale Publications

I can only find a Squadron/Signal PV-1 In Action #48
1757116365442.jpeg


and the Naval Fighters Number Eighty-Six
1757116420894.jpeg
 
I am in need of a certain photo in this old Squadron "In Detail" book.
Back in the mid 90's I did some nose art on the side of Doug Lacey's PV-2.
A cartoon of a sailor saluting, "Ready for duty, Sir". I would like to find That image!
So, please if you happen to have that old book, could you scan and PM Me the image???
I want to do Doug's #178 Navy Harpoon and put that image on the side.
It was at the Hamilton AFB in Marin where Doug had his Mid Resto plane on exhibit.
I was there with Russ and hie Mustang, drove there in my sign truck.
Doug found me out and asked if I would do Something on the side....... I did!!!

TIA,
Bill

I guess you meant the image?

lockheed-vega-division_a.jpg

pv-1_a.jpg

lockheed-vega-division.jpg

the pic source: the Squadron Signal No 48 PV-1 Ventura in Action book and Lockheed Ventura
 
Glad I helped a little bit. :wave:
Wojtek, you help All of us in so many ways!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back