Stab./ ZG26 BF 110C "3U+AA" ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alte Hase

Airman 1st Class
Sep 25, 2011
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about this aircraft...apparently flown by Oberst Huth? The only sparse information on it seems to be from decal sheets, but there is an almost complete lack of any photos that I've managed to find.

Also, is there any record of it or its pilot being flown during September 1940 in the BoB? And any idea of its W.Nr?

Thanks as always!

Hi Alte, in Messerschmitt Bf 110 Zerstorer Aces of WW2 by Jon Weal (Osprey) there is a side profile of Bf 110C 3U+AA of ObLt Johann Schalk, Geschwaderkommodore ZG 26at Memmingen in January 1941. The unit identifier 'A' and Jagdwaffe style Kommodore marking, an arrow under the cockpit are in Geschwaderstab blue - taken from the illustration caption. It wears the mottled green upper surface camouflage and its spinners are blue and white. This illustration differs from decal sheet illustrations that I found when searching on the internet. I hope this is useful to you.

Thanks nuuumannnn, as it happens, that profile and the decal sheet are the only sources I already have on this aircraft! But thank you very much for your help.

I'm wondering if there are any photos of the aircraft around? Also, as you pointed out, it is described as being flown by Oblt Schalk in January 1941...But did this machine take part in the BoB? Apparently the same machine (?) as Kommodore Huth of Stab./ZG26 flew?

Thanks!

The above aircraft is also featured in profile in Kagero Publication 21 "Messershmitt Bf 110 Vol II"

There's a picture of Huth's 3U+AA in Vasco's "Messerschmitt Bf110 C, D, E An Illustrated Study" on page 173. It's an undated ground shot and the landing gear is collapsed. Heavily mottled fuselage sides. White Geschwaderkommodore chevron on sides and nose area from windscreen forward is painted a faded, temporary white from the windscreen forward. John is a member here, though has not been on for quite a while, and I respect his expressed wish to not post photos from his books on the net without his permission.

Thank you Crimea River, that at least gives me a useful starting point to begin my searching!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back