Stavatti SM-27M COIN Airplane

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm, yes, there is that one small detail to consider.

Do you think any of the SABA proposals would have legs (not from me!) for a US COIN requirement? There are some interesting features but I think the most conventional, the twin boom one, might be a decent option.

Hmmmm, yes, there is that one small detail to consider.

Do you think any of the SABA proposals would have legs (not from me!) for a US COIN requirement? There are some interesting features but I think the most conventional, the twin boom one, might be a decent option.
The only thing I see that might hold back a twin boom design is predictability which amounts to manufacturing costs, but then again The OV-10 was successfully produced, whether it made money for the manufacturer is another story.

The only thing I see that might hold back a twin boom design is predictability which amounts to manufacturing costs, but then again The OV-10 was successfully produced, whether it made money for the manufacturer is another story.

What do you mean by predictability?

Considering the disappointing lack of the aircraft industry to deliver ANYTHING cheaply any more after years of bloated contracts and mountains of red tape, calling Republic and asking for more A-10s is just the best solution to US Armed forces' problems.

Damn spell checker - Produce-ability - the ability to manufacture the airframe in a timely and cost effective manner.

Ah, thank you. Now I understand. It should be a fairly straightforward design to produce, no more difficult than the Vampire for example, with which I think it has more in common than with the OV-10, booms wise.

Ah, thank you. Now I understand. It should be a fairly straightforward design to produce, no more difficult than the Vampire for example, with which I think it has more in common than with the OV-10, booms wise.

Actually twin boom aircraft always cost more because of the booms, extra tooling and if you think about it 2x the fuselage components, rigging, cables (or push rods) etc.

Considering the disappointing lack of the aircraft industry to deliver ANYTHING cheaply any more after years of bloated contracts and mountains of red tape, calling Republic and asking for more A-10s is just the best solution to US Armed forces' problems.
Not that simple - Republic doesn't exist anymore.

Also Matt, may I ask, as a moderator on this site should you be posting stuff that is a blatant falsehood? Where is the credibility in saying;

?

Hey **** you Waynos. If you had not taken my post out of context you would note that I specifically said IN 2000 F#cking six in which I posted:

"Recently the DoD has been approached about Counter Insurgency Aircraft for both domestic and international sales. Stavatti of Idaho is a leading manufacturer that has responded to Requests for Proprosals (RFPs)."

If you had any insight into requests for proposals in the US you would realize that any and every fantasy is submitted to get these gov't $$. If you had looked at the cartoon pics that might have clued you in to the fact that this is not even a paper airplane. I made no judgement on the "robustness" of the design.

So take your holier than thou attitude and shove it up your ass. My thread was meant for enterainment. Just like 99.9% of the other threads in this forum. Next time you wrap your backside around your shoulders regarding my credibility you can beg the other Mods to get your membership back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back