Strange photo

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Days ago I came across this strange photo of an early model of Heinkel 111 bomber on the site Airwar.ru:

View attachment 401073

Can someone tells me for what reason they digged into ground wheels? :shock:

I really can't figure out why...:rolleyes:

Cheers

That is not an He 111. The He 111 is a 2 engined aircraft.

Edit: I see I am fashionably late the party and others have already chimed in. :D

The picture was shot during the XVIth Salon Aéronautique at the Grand Palais, Paris in november and december 1938 (the last preceding WW 2).
The plane is the unique example of the Bloch 162 prototype 4 engines bomber. This must be the section from the Marcel Bloch company as there is a MB 151 fighter at the bottom right.

The picture was shot during the XVIth Salon Aéronautique at the Grand Palais, Paris in november and december 1938 (the last preceding WW 2).
The plane is the unique example of the Bloch 162 prototype 4 engines bomber. This must be the section from the Marcel Bloch company as there is a MB 151 fighter at the bottom right.

I agree. It's the Bloch MB.162 B5.

bloch.jpg

mb162_02.jpg

mb162_01.jpg

mb162_03.jpg

the source: 1/72 Bloch MB.162

It's a Bloch MB.162. Population 1.
You're missing the point: the earlier comments are not related to the photo that is now showing: I suspect somewhere along the line the photo link was changed to a different photo (different site), as others have mentioned. Plus the 'new' photo clearly states what the aircraft is anyway....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back