Supermarine S.6B

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Desert Fox

Senior Airman
Jan 15, 2006
Great Southern Land
I've been reading up on the seaplane entered by RJ Mitchell in the Schneider Trophy back in 1931 (I think it was '31) and I am really interested in finding some good pictures of it in action. The pictures I have seen of it are only on land and stationary. Even from those photos, though, it is one of the most beautiful aeroplanes I have seen.

So, any pictures of the S6.B would be brilliant.

Thanks,
Desert Fox

If you go to the Science Museum London web site they have a S6b on there ,and the Supermarine Solent museum has a S6a on display there .I have been to both museums and both display the aircraft well .As you say this is a beutifull aircraft .I hope this helps

I am really interested in finding some good pictures of it in action.

Interesting. I can't find any depicting it in flight and wonder if there are any? Maybe Evangilder can fill us in if photographic technology was able to 'capture' high speed fight from the ground in 1931.

They built a flying replica of the Supermarine S.5 in 1975. Still flying in the early '80s but have no idea if it still exists today.

At the Thorpe Water Park

In flight.(It's all I could find!)

May be of interest to you-the S.6 biplane proposal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back