T-34/76 in 1/35? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1ab.jpg

Email sent Jan, to help you "build" your tank fleet

Well, well, well....as it turns out, when buying that 'Red 13' set, I managed to buy the set for the 1/16 T-34/76!! :lol:

Anyhoo, gonna try to snap up one of these at some point, as I quite like the UTZM(?) turret...

Dragon 6487.jpg

UTZM – Uralskiy Zavod Tyazhelogo Mashinostroyenya im. Ordzhonikidze or Uralmash (Ordzhonikidze Ural Heavy Machinery Factory)

In numerical terms the least important of the T-34 factories was UTZM, or Uralmash, where only 719 complete tanks were produced during 1942-43. Production of complete tanks at Uralmash began in the summer of 1942, as the threat grew to the factory at Stalingrad, and ended in the autumn of 1943. After that the factory produced a large number of assault guns based on the T-34 chassis. This did not end the involvement of the Uralmash factory in T-34 production. They had developed the stamped hexagonal turret in October 1942, after having problems with the cast version, and between then and March 1944 produced 2,670 of these turrets.

Uralmash had been involved in the T-34 programme since the autumn of 1941, when production of T-34 hulls had begun. Turrets soon followed, and in April 1942 the factory began to produce complete hulls and turrets, which were then sent on to Factory No.183 to be turned into complete tanks. Finally on 28 July 1942 the factory was ordered to begin assembling complete T-34s, and the first one came off the production line on 15 September 1942.

Production Summary
T-34-76: 719
Total: 719

Last edited:
:thumbright:

Judging by these images of sprues with the model parts I would say it is a quite nice moulded model. There are noice details. I'm sure it requires some of working on fitting just like most of plastic kits but it should be good. The main trouble can be the tracks that have to be completed with single pieces. Perhaps it would be better to consider using the metal ones.

Last edited:
Jan, taking the period you asked ( autumn 1941 – summer 1942 ) into consideration... and according to Russian sources ... the 5th Armoured Regiment was a part of the 172nd Motorized Division of the 51st Special Army on the Crimea in September 1941. There were 10 T-34 tanks. Also the tank type is listed for the 39th and 40th Armoured Brigade of the Crimean Front in February/March 1942. On February 27th 1942 , both of the brigades had 20 ( 10/10 ) of T-34s totally. In March there were 13 (6/7) totally At the beginning of the May, 7 ( 1/6 ) and then 5 ( 1/4 ) on May 10th. And finally , on the next day 2 ( 1/1 ).

Here is shot of a T-34 of the 5th Tank Regiment with the unit commander Maj. M.P. Baranov.

5tr_t-34.jpg

And the T-34s of the unit in September 1941 ..

5tr_t-34_.jpg

The pic source: the net ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back