tailwheel holes???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bigZ

Senior Airman
Jan 18, 2007
Any of you guys know what the 3 holes round the outside of the rear of the hub are for? Also curious how tire is inflated as I can only see a greese nipple on the other side? This is part of a plane am modeling, the only photo I have is badly out of focus.

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 458
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 484
2 pics are confusing the matter am refering to the 3 small holes that appear on on the rear of the hub.

Did some digging around and it looks like your tailwheel is a Scott model 2000 that has a solid tire but I couldn't find a good drawing to upload.

The hub would be split with a front and back plate with through bolts holding the halves to to tire. The circles you see on the back of side would be the nut plates that the bolts thread into from the other side. The small circle in the center would be the threaded part of the nuts. You can see the bolt heads on the other side.

I think they are built with a bearing in the center so the grease fitting would be for the bearing.

The only 6x2.00 tires I found were solid not pneumatic.

FlyBoyJ would no doubt be able to clarify further.

Gary, Eric you guys hit it on the head. It's a split rim - the 3 bolts hold the assembly together. There's also 3 smaller holes that hold on the hub cap. Z - that's not a grease fitting but a schrader valve used to inflate the tire. That appears to be a Scott Tail Wheel.

scottModel2000.gif

Thanks Guys curiosty satisfied. Makes sense of the S = Solid on one side of the tyre and the 3 small holes are on show as the hub is attached to a fork.

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 398

Users who are viewing this thread

Back