Tamiya 1:32 Corsair F4U-1A Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you, and I won't get the chance to break it. I like touching stuff, even my own models and occasionally I shouldn't.

Anyone out there have any experience building an HpH resin kit. I'm realizing that I've built two out of the four aircraft on the deck of my Essex. I've built 1:32 of the Avenger and the Corsair. That leaves the Hellcat and the Helldiver. Trumpeter makes a decent Hellcat in this scale, but the only 1:32 Helldiver I've found is an entirely resin and PE kit that pushes the difficultly level up another notch. The kit is not inexpensive (over $240 USD), and would be really easy to screw up, but in reviewing a video about it, the details are superior as is the resin casting.

HPH Helldiver.png

I just did a search and did find another fellow (Cory) who posted building this Tamiya kit, although he chose a different prototype. Is there any interest to see another go? If so, I will continue and give you my usual detailed, nit-picky, on-going journal. If not, no harm no foul.

View attachment 512355
Hai There! A great job, well done. I'm also a prowed owner of this kit and want to start a.s.a.p. to building it. Your story is a fine guide to learn more about the building en posiblities. Thank you kindly. Sorry for my English. I hope the kit will be much better! Again, THANKS. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back