Tamiya 61050 1/48 Bf 109E-3 => need C parts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Hello,
I don't know if it's the good place for this thread... :|
I found in my stock a Tamiya Kit, The bf 109E-4/7 Trop. 61063. Normally it was for build "White 12" flown by J. Muncheberg but I decided to build his FW 190A-2 w.nr.20209.
So, I would like to "transform" this E-4 kit in an E-7 with E-1/E-3 canopy to build w.nr.6095 flown by H. Ihlefeld during the second half of 1941.
I looked for on the web to find C parts of kit 61050 (transparent) but no success. Maybe it exists a vacuformed canopy but I haven't yet looked for...
Anybody to help me please ? TIA

Steph, I might have a spare E1/E3 canopy from one of my Aifrix kits, as I'll be building one as an E1 and the other as an E-4 (with a canopy from the old Airfix 'F' kit, as the 'E' kit canopy has a frame in the center, modelled off the RAF Museum aircraft, fitted with a 'Buchon' canopy!!).
Let me check my notes for which kit among the eight is to be modelled as what, and I'll also check to see if the E-1/3 canopy will fit the Tamiya kits in my stash. If I don't need it, and it fits the Tamiya kit, it's yours - I'll check later tonight, and get back to you via PM.

Sorry Steph, I won't have a spare canopy after all.
I checked my notes and stash, and found that I'd bought a couple more Tamiya kits to cover the 'E-4' requirements for my 'BoB Hardest Days' collection, and will be using the Airfix kits for the 'E-1' and 'E-3' variants.

I'm saved Terry !!! I just found in my stock the Hasegawa box JT11 (Messerschmitt Bf 109E "Galland"), I didn't remember that there were 2 types of canopy in the box: Bf 109E-4 and Bf 109E-3.

A big thank you anyway Terry for your researches :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back