Test of Your knowledges.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

savage

Airman
Jul 16, 2006
Prague
:)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 236
it's italian so someone will know it, but in the future why not put stuff like this in a specially created thread we have for stuff like this, which no doubt you would've found if you'd looked around the site properly..........

What do you call those ridges around the engine? They are very characteristic of italian planes. I identified it as italian but didn't know past that.

Aggie08 said:
What do you call those ridges around the engine? They are very characteristic of italian planes
Those ridges or scallops around the engine seem to serve 2 purposes - in that application there seems to be an intake in front of the scallop. It seems this is providing cooling around the top of the cylinders. They also might be providing clearance for the rocker arm covers located at the top of the cylinder.

the lancaster kicks *** said:
by providing resistance to the turning motion, duh :rolleyes:

:lol:

duh, No kidding!!!:rolleyes: :lol:

I really doubt those louvers have anything to do with counteracting torque. Torque is countered by setting up the airframe to account for torque, but it is never totally countered.

The aircraft is an Aeronautica Umbra (AUT) 18. The ridges around the cowling are bumps for valve cover clearance.

Pretty good! ... help with torque ... I wouldn't have thought of that, but pretty good anyway ... Hah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back