The Best Assault Rifle.

Which One the

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

102first_hussars said:
Well Fighting in the Desert I would pick the Ak, but in say, In the Jungle I would want the M-16

I think you might consider the opposite....

AK-47 in both circumstances, it's more powerful and much-much-much more reliable than the M-16. The M-16 is a plastic piece of dog named an assault rifle to scare the enemy.

And where's the G-36 if you've got the XM-8. And where's the SLR?! Where's the FN-FAL!?

Well the Canadian c7 is a variant of the M-16A2 but its an all steel furniture, so no its not a peice of crap, its in fact a very reliable weapon which Is so much fun to use in full auto.
And I do have the FAL its the Austrian version,Steyr Stg.58

And Les the Ak is superior in both Circumstances but in a close quarter battle in the Jungle I only want the M-16 because its light, compact and during and Ambush I would be able to respond quicker with my lighter
M-16.

102first_hussars said:
Well the Canadian c7 is a variant of the M-16A2 but its an all steel furniture.
All steel? Since when? Is there an A3 variant I don't know about? Every example I've ever seen has been built like the American M-16. The magazines are steel though, where I believe the American ones are plastic, but otherwise I think the major components are near identical in construction.

Its gotta be the Ak-47...I saw a show once where they ran one over with a tank and it still worked...simplicity, power and reliability do it for me...Only thing is the mag is large so you cant really lay down and fire with it...

I've fired AK-47s, M-16s and M-14s. Although heavy, I like the M-14 although the AK was a close second - I did feel the M-16 was more accurate.

Can I suggest the Steyr Stg 77 AUG from Austria. Its a very modern weapon and has been taken up by a number of countries incl the US Coastguard who I would have expected to go for the M16 or one of its derivatives.
As you would expect being from Austria its designed for cold conditions. The sight is telescopic, simple and robust, designed so that you know when a man is about 300yards away.
It is also light and I think, one of the best looking assult rifles.

How reliable though is it? It's all well and good that it has all that but if it jams ...it's useless. If it's designed for cold ...what about when you take it to the desert?

The AK-47 is the best, it's got the hitting power and it's reliable.

PLanD I don't have any specific information on how reliable the Steyr is in the desert.
But amongst the countries who have purchased it are the Australians and New Zealanders who know a thing or two about guns and the Saudi Armed forces and Oman who obviously would take care over a guns use in that environment. Malaysia have also purchased it and they operate in hot damp environments.
Put that together and there is no reason to doubt that it is a pretty reliable weapon.

Okay. I'll have to look into it more ...but at the moment, I'm still plugging for the AK-47.

Nonskimmer said:
102first_hussars said:
Well the Canadian c7 is a variant of the M-16A2 but its an all steel furniture.
All steel? Since when? Is there an A3 variant I don't know about? Every example I've ever seen has been built like the American M-16. The magazines are steel though, where I believe the American ones are plastic, but otherwise I think the major components are near identical in construction.

The C-7 that we use now is steel guts and barrel with plastic furniture but thats the C-7A1, The first C7(all Steel except for the stock) we used from 1984-1993 then replaced it with the A1. If you ever see the Documentry
"Rocks At Whiskey Trench" you will see canadian soldiers holding an M-16 with a Carrying Handle and an odd looking magazine, thats the one Im talking about.

Attachments

• diemco_c7_139.jpg
    diemco_c7_139.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 833
plan_D said:
How reliable though is it? It's all well and good that it has all that but if it jams ...it's useless. If it's designed for cold ...what about when you take it to the desert?

The AK-47 is the best, it's got the hitting power and it's reliable.

Its very reliable, have never used an ak myself so I wouuldnt know which is better, however I taken It to the Alberta Badlands for training and she didnt foul once.

I've handled the C7 and C7A1, and the only real difference is the picatinny rail and back-up hard sight on the A1. It's otherwise the exact same rifle, furniture and all. There's just as much plastic on the original.

In fact, in the Navy we usually only get to use the original with the carry handle, or the C8. The C7A1's almost all go to the Army.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back