The exploits of my first carrier landing! *11 PICTURES HERE*

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nonskimmer said:
GermansRGeniuses said:
British carriers are too small!

Not if you know how to land. ;)

The worst part about the Wildcat isn't landing, it's the landing gear!
Man, that's a pain in the ass! :confused:

Nah the manual landing gear is more fun :D

Ever tried taking off with your wings folded? Thats fun :D

Do it with the Zero, it takes off, but after a few seconds the wings randomly decide to break off :lol: If you keep your speed nice and low I reckon it could work ;)

The Zero is a complete bitch to land because it floats even after you cut the throttle. I think it stays floating until about 75mph. However you can still land it if you miss the hook because it has good brakes. Easiest plane to land for me is the Spitfire Mk.Vb

I find the Japanese planes trickier to land on the carriers, because the hooks don't extend as much.
This means that I have to time a flaring of the plane just right to snag a wire, without slamming hard onto the deck (which usually ends in my demise :( ).
It doesn't always work. :lol:

It seems easier to blow yourself up messing up a landing on a carrier than on a runway. If you let your wing drop over a runway you'll snap the thing off and slide/tumble down the runway and pretty much get the whole kite written off, but you as a pilot will be fine. If you let the wing drop over a carrier you'll cartwheel and explode. I don't think I've ever managed to pull off a crash-landing on a carrier before.

Tricycle undercarriage is so much easier, you dont have to tap the wheel brakes, you can just slam 'em on ;)

Slam on the wheel brakes anyway. Just pull back on the stick and you'll be okay - right up to the very end of course.

personally i made almost 3 carrier landings in a row on the origional Warbirds but that was in a Cosiar and that was during a dogfight and it's pretty hard to do that without getting shot at, trust me fellas [-X. it's almost hard not to lose a aileron or something like that on ace level in that game

A rare Japanese late-war development of the Zero with winglets to increase its already incredible range...

:rolleyes: ;)

You really can fly like this at low speeds and low altitude, but if you speed up or make a stress-inducing roll or climb, the wings will break...

Attachments

• winglet_zero.jpg
    winglet_zero.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 657

Users who are viewing this thread

Back