Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handley Page Hampden

• Gloster Meteor

• Avro Lincoln

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I demand the LWS-6 Żubr. Only plane that kept the P-39 abay. The most heavy bomber to go to the end of the field and stay there. Ceiling of minus 2 and on full power just a tad slower then an ox cart. Turn radius is still secret as they never tried it.
Guns were not included as not even the germans wanted to shoot it down.. one took off to bomb Berlin and took down flight 19 a few years later. So yes. Thats the one.

I demand the LWS-6 Żubr. Only plane that kept the P-39 abay. The most heavy bomber to go to the end of the field and stay there. Ceiling of minus 2 and on full power just a tad slower then an ox cart. Turn radius is still secret as they never tried it.
Guns were not included as not even the germans wanted to shoot it down.. one took off to bomb Berlin and took down flight 19 a few years later. So yes. Thats the one.
What is the proper pronunciation of Zubr in English? I think that might be the only fact I haven't read about it.

Well... yes. I think so, but he likes it so that's all that matters! Through the eyes of the beholder who loves something, it will always be beautiful. I love my huge F7F Tigercat, but it really isn't all that pretty. I think it looks wonderful because I have been researching it so much, and feel like I was almost involved in the making of it.
(P.S. I love your statement below your name. I 100% agree!!! It's one of my dearest dreams to visit England. I have read, watched, and studied all about England, and I really do feel as if I have already been there. Lovely country, don't you know?)
lamo u dumb i mean not smart (im sorry mods i had to) i hate england i wanted italy to win i guess you never met me..,

Controversy is a constant. Even on aircraft where quite a lot is known. Things published as fact way back in the day have been refuted as original source documents get discovered or finally released. It can get pretty tangled in the details.

Whatever you do, don't go down the P-39 groundhog hole.

Edited to add, there are some really wonderful, super knowledgeable folks here. Give us some time, I think you'll like it!

lamo u dumb i mean not smart (im sorry mods i had to) i hate england i wanted italy to win i guess you never met me..,

Since we know you are lurking pops-paolo...

Well done. A new member of this forum requested their account be deleted thanks to your immaturity, disrespect, and behavior.

Stop trying to create new accounts. You are not welcome here.

Last edited:
Since we know you are lurking pops-paolo...

Well done. A new member of this forum requested their account be deleted thanks to your immaturity, disrespect, and behavior.

Stop trying to create new accounts. You are not welcome here.
Adler, I agree with your decision. We respectfully disagree with each other in this forum but we never cross the line by making personal attacks on other members. Most of us have never met in person yet we are still friends here and such disrespect to one is disrespectful to all us.

Perhaps a bit more oephh. I do not like everybody hiding under a stone for some kid. If one writes about any, any ww2 bird one will get flak. P-39 anybody? So if you leave this board, oohh lordy once you have written the article the big guns will come out. And shred you if the colour is wrong, or the performance table you used is shiet.. Now we take all here. All gender, color, age even modellers. Everybody can be a member but just behave. He did not and was thrown out. A kid.
So if you are writing a piece it will be shaved, touched and weighed. By armstole generals, real life pilots, fighting grade pilots, and a lot of people that books in rows, one would have to see to believe.
If one leaves for one... it will not show very well if one is writing books instead of lines in a thread now does it?

Perhaps a bit more oephh. I do not like everybody hiding under a stone for some kid. If one writes about any, any ww2 bird one will get flak. P-39 anybody? So if you leave this board, oohh lordy once you have written the article the big guns will come out. And shred you if the colour is wrong, or the performance table you used is shiet.. Now we take all here. All gender, color, age even modellers. Everybody can be a member but just behave. He did not and was thrown out. A kid.
So if you are writing a piece it will be shaved, touched and weighed. By armstole generals, real life pilots, fighting grade pilots, and a lot of people that books in rows, one would have to see to believe.
If one leaves for one... it will not show very well if one is writing books instead of lines in a thread now does it?
Hmm I don't think it's necessary to judge someone else's action here. Especially since you don't know what is behind the urge to leave. People can do what they feel comfortable with as long as they don't bother others. If she wants to leave, by all means, she has the right to do so. I don't think she needs your advice on that. Please move along now, people.

Hmm I don't think it's necessary to judge someone else's action here. Especially since you don't know what is behind the urge to leave. People can do what they feel comfortable with as long as they don't bother others. If she wants to leave, by all means, she has the right to do so. I don't think she needs your advice on that. Please move along now, people.
I do,
You do know how authors are recieved in this neck on the woods? Not this board but subject wise. Goolly... inquasition light more likely.
Nobody needs my advice, most adults dont. However i have seen this before.
And no i do not move along just for the sake of a kid or a wannabee writer. Did he/she have prior writings? Should one lie down and wiggle the tail just because perhaps a writer or ohh dear god a female writer on the suject?
Think not. Buckle up
But never mind both are gone it seems

Now you can say move along.

I do,
You do know how authors are recieved in this neck on the woods? Not this board but subject wise. Goolly... inquasition light more likely.
Nobody needs my advice, most adults dont. However i have seen this before.
And no i do not move along just for the sake of a kid or a wannabee writer. Did he/she have prior writings? Should one lie down and wiggle the tail just because perhaps a writer or ohh dear god a female writer on the suject?
Think not. Buckle up
But never mind both are gone it seems

Now you can say move along.
What did you not understand? What do you want to achieve writing your opinion like this? She won't read it. And as far as I know, nobody here fits your description of a 'wannabe writer' and nobody asked your opinion. You don't know what her reason was to react like this. so you don't even have a point anyway. I suggest you keep your opinion here to yourself. Do I make myself clear?

And now this topic is really closed.

Having moderated at another forum a while back, I can only say that a member who chases off another member, new or old, would get my attention.

Having seen the post I think chased her off, it was one that were I a mod would've gotten at the least an informal warning to "check yourself". New blood is the lifeblood of any forum and unless the new blood is itself toxic, it should be allowed.

In short, I agree that there's no need to get personal when in a forum about what is essentially history in the abstract. Anyone injecting personal feelings into such a millieu is probably not helping the community as a whole. While it's sad he wrote himself out of the conversation, I agree with the staff that he brought this upon himself.

When I was assigned to rewrite the rules for that forum I helped moderate, my first rule was "don't be a d**k". Paolo broke that so far as I'm concerned, and staff action is to me justified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back