Hopefully, if he's able to return, he does so understanding where he fell afoul. Rather than get his parents involved, he should get his brain involved. My .02, worth every penny you guys have paid for it.
He's got a lot to learn, and this wouldn't be a bad place for that learning so long as he can maintain decorum.
Had to vote for the Mossie. What other airplane can you sit in the PROTOTYPE's seat and take a picture thorough the windscreen.
As young lad, I had the pleasure of assisting my neighbour with the restoration of a DH Tiger Moth, and eventually the pleasure of flying said airplane
Then work took me to London, England. So, spent a Saturday getting to the DH museum. After talking with the team in the restoration area about the Moth, they provided me with a ladder and I was able to climb up to the pilots seat and took pictures.
How does that not make it a favourite.
p.s. My wife has a sister born about 30 minutes earlier, so how could I not have a soft spot for a twin?
I choose the Fw-190 (A versions). Good fighter throughout the war, reliable, used with success in many roles by the Luftwaffe and nice-looking aircraft. Place La-5FN/La-7 and P-38 really really close behind.
B-25 Mitchell as my favorite bomber mostly for the same things : reliability, good-looking design, effectiveness and finally for the Doolittle raid's over Tokyo. Massive respect for that !