The German - Shortfilm

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spherical

Airman
Jul 9, 2010
"a British fighter pilot pursues the german ace that shot down his friend across sky and country... with murder in mind. But he discovers it's not so easy to kill a man when you have to look them in the eye."

Found this recently on Gizmodo, thought the CGI in its pretty neat so I felt I should post it here.

Awesome World War II Dogfighting Filmed On Zero Budget

Actually that was great, thanks for posting. I work in film VFX, so I know what an effort it takes to do work of this quality, he's done a first class job for so little budget.
Did these kind of events actually happen? I read a lot of accounts of pilots shot down in enemy territory being treated extremely well, it was the code of conduct between fighter pilots, take out the machine, not the man. No shooting pistols, more sharing cigarettes and family photos. But I suppose that wouldn't make much drama for a film!
Say what you want about the Reich, but they definately had the cooler uniforms!
Those Irish were a bit of a grumpy lot.

Chivalry and professional detachment might be forgotten when someone kills a friend right in front of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back