Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Erich Hartmann

• Constantine Cantacuzine

• Richard Bong

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
How that reminds me of the Santa sexual harassment court-case...

"Is it true that not once, but three times you called my cilent a ho!?!"

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Any how I need to go to sleep I have a really long day tomorrow. If I dont get to come online tomorrow or the next day and I am sure you all wont since its Christmas, I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and enjoy the hollidays.

Merry Christmas to you too 8)

As I am sitting here in my tent over in Tikrit, Iraq I just opened a Christmas card from a little girl back in the states and in the card there was a story. I know this has nothing to do with WW2 aviation but I wish to post this story in honor of all the soldiers no matter what country they come from who are away from there families during this holiday season.

A Soldiers Christmas Story

Twas the night before Christmas, He lived all alone, in a one bedroom house, made of plaster and stone. I had come down the chimney with presents to give, and too see who in this house did live. I looked all about a strange sight did I see, no tinsel, no presents, not even a tree. No stocking by the mantel, just boots filled with sand, on a wall hung pictures of far distant lands. With medals and badges, awards of all kinds, a sober thought came through my mind. For this house was different, it was dark and dreary, I found the home of a soldier, once I could see clearly. The soldier lay sleeping, silent, alone curled up on the floor in this one bedroom home.

The face was so gentle, the room in disorder, not how I pictured a United States soldier. Was this the soldier of whom I had just read? Curled up on a poncho, the floor for a bed? I realized the families that I saw this night owed there lives to these soldiers willing to fight. Soon round the world, the children would play, and grownups would celebrate a bright Christmas day. The all enjoyed freedom each month of the year, because of these soldiers, like the one laying here. I couldn't help wonder how many lay alone, on a cold Christmas eve in a land far from home. The very thought brought a tear to my eye, I dropped to my knees and started to cry. The soldier awakend and I heard a rough voice, :Santa don't cry, this life is my choice; I fight for freedom, I do not ask for more, my life is my God, my Country, My Corps." The soldier rolled over and drifted to sleep, I couldn't control it, I continued to weep. I kept watch for hours, so silent, so still, and we both shiverd from the cold nights chill. I didn't want to leave on that cold, dark, night, this guardian of honor so willing to fight. Then the soldier rolled over, with a voice soft and pure, whispered, "Carry on Santa, its Christmas day, all is secure." One look at my watch, and I knew he was right. "Merry Christmas my friend, and to all a good night."

Especially here in the States were they manage to just completely skip over Thanksgiving. In a few more years they will start putting UP Christmas lights at New Years.

I just didn't bother putting them up...

We gave up on decorating the house with lights years ago. It's just such a fuss! We do well to get a decent-looking tree up.

our place looks like a gingerbread house right now even with lights in the backyard trees. All the neighbors luv it ! this is the reason why we really do it, to share the joy of the season...........I make the time to do this for others.

E

Well, I'm like the modern scrooge and generally my family cares little about celebrating the birth of catalogue shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back