The Here, Now

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

AFT: Aircraft from the "Chargers" of Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron (HSC) 26 and Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron (VMM) 162 (Reinforced) fly in formation above the Royal Navy aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth (R08) as a landing craft, air cushion from Assault Craft Unit (ACU) 4 transits alongside during a photo exercise, May 17, 2021, in the Atlantic Ocean. (Lt. Mark Nash/Navy)
https://www.armytimes.com/resizer/w...ishing.com/mco/HBOP6JTYABB7DDKLLBW2S26LQA.jpg

AFT: The aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75) transits the Elizabeth River on May 12, 2021, as it departs Norfolk Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth, Va., after completing a 10-month scheduled extended carrier incremental availability. (MC2 Class Steven Edgar/Navy)

AFT: U.S. Army soldiers from the 173rd Airborne Brigade rehearse exiting CH-47 Chinooks of the 12th Combat Aviation Brigade in preparation for night air-assault missions during exercise Swift Response 21, part of the DEFENDER-Europe 21 series of exercises at Chech Airfield, Bulgaria, on May 11, 2021. (Maj. Robert Fellingham/U.S. Army)

Royal navy aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth transits the Atlantic Ocean, Sept. 23, 2019. (DVIDS/Courtesy of HNLMS De Ruyter)

24 May 2021
A Marine F-35B Joint Strike Fighter detachment is officially underway on a British aircraft carrier for the first time ever, and their commander had high praise for the U.K.'s new warship.
"Don't tell anybody back home, but it is probably the nicest ship I have been on," Col. Simon Doran, the senior U.S. officer aboard the aircraft carrier Queen Elizabeth, told The News on Saturday as the ship departed Portsmouth in southern England.
[Military Daily News]

"Don't tell anybody back home, but it is probably the nicest ship I have been on," Col. Simon Doran, the senior U.S. officer aboard the aircraft carrier Queen Elizabeth2"

I'm sure the fact that RN ships aren't dry ships, could well have something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread