The last survivor from Stalag Luft III (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

v2

Captain
Nov 9, 2005
Cracow
Marching along the frozen roads of Poland and northern Germany this week, a hardy group of young RAF recruits - accompanied by relatives of the survivors of the famous Great Escape of 1944 - are commemorating a legendary moment in history.

Sixty-five years on, they are recreating the deadly 1,000-mile march which the Nazis forced captured Allied airmen to undertake at the end of World War II.

It is a fitting commemoration of the bravery and toughness of a remarkable group of British, American and Canadian airmen, dozens of whom were involved in the previous year's escape from the notorious Stalag Luft III prison, immortalised in the 1963 Steve McQueen film.

read more: 'I owe my life to the Nazis who foiled the Great Escape' says the last survivor | Mail Online

I hate to say this but there was not a single American in the Great Escape, but cudos to Mr Rees on his very eventful life and he certainly has a det of big ones as did all those fine gentlemen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back