The Oldest Plane you have Flown In?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff chaps.
I think Jan might be the winner on this one, as rumour has it he did the third test flight of the original Wright Flyer ................

C-141B

Tail # 63-8088 "Golden Bear". First operational C-141 delivered in 1965. I was asst. Crew Chief on this plane for awhile and flew all around the world in her.

I don't remember this number and unfortunately I didn't keep records, but I did fly several 63-xxxx birds except when I flew them they were pretty new (8 years old(?)). I flew out of McGuire, where were you stationed.

I am sure the oldest plane could have been a piper cub type or Cessna 140, some kind of side-by-side tail dragger (I was very young). Then came a Navy R5D (C-54) and then a T-37.

This B-25, built in June 1944.

DSC_2681%20B-25J%2043-35972%20N125AZ%20Maid%20in%20the%20Shade%20left%20side%20l.jpg

I don't remember this number and unfortunately I didn't keep records, but I did fly several 63-xxxx birds except when I flew them they were pretty new (8 years old(?)). I flew out of McGuire, where were you stationed.

I am sure the oldest plane could have been a piper cub type or Cessna 140, some kind of side-by-side tail dragger (I was very young). Then came a Navy R5D (C-54) and then a T-37.

Actually, I was stationed at Travis. But I certainly spent enough time in and out of McGuire. Especially when in KC-10's.

Actually, I was stationed at Travis. But I certainly spent enough time in and out of McGuire. Especially when in KC-10's.

Only went to Travis a few times. We flew in country (Vietnam, Thailand) but we went North to Alaska on the way. Of course that was in the early 70s, in the overpowered C-141As

I got to sit in Lefty Gardner's P-38 once in Reno. That was in '88 IIRC. I know that isn't the same as flying, but it's not quite the same as crawling on museum static displays either.

My second oldest was an RCAF Expediter (C-45)This was at Air Cadet camp in Abbotsford BC a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back