"The Secret Horsepower Race" - Available to pre-order (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Congratulations on the strong sales Calum. Is there a way for those of us who bought the first printing to get a copy of errata or updates?

I`ve nearly finished adding them to my website, most are up already. There are nowhere near 100 on the website because I didnt think it worthwhile to add all the "Line 12, replace comma with semi-colon" or "new chart to replace a curly bracket `)` missing". Which represents most of it.

Errata - Calum Douglas

For those of you with serious engineering interest, I will be part of the expert panel of presenters at the Siemens 22nd Internal Combustion Engine Conference on 7th May, which concentrates on computational fluid dynamics and engine simulations. I will be presenting my thoughts on the most valuable aspects of WW2 military aero engine thermal management techniques (basically cooling systems and the impact on knock limits). Other presenters will be from Ferrari and similar contemporary institutions. This is not a one-off, Siemens Digital Industries sponsor me as a software partner. Note, this is intended for practising professional engineers, and is NOT a historical presentation. I imagine several members on here are qualified enough to enjoy the content however.

I am presenting for 40minuites beginning at 10:10am EST.

Siemens Virtual ICE Conference 2021 | Siemens Digital Industries Software

2021-04-21 21_15_21-Window.png

Good stuff, so Calum, how's the little one doing? Are you finally sleeping all night now? :)
No he has a stinking cold ! o_O - So we`re all still exhausted here, hes astonishingly active and strong, so we`ve decided to send him off to live with the circus as soon as possible. I think he was a lion tamer or an acrobat in his last life. I`m not sure he`ll take after me, if you put him in an achive now and turn your back for 20 seconds, he`d have climbed up to the top shelf and eaten most of the papers. His favorite hobby at present is shouting at strangers when I`m out walking him, he shouts "Aaagahhh blaaaH!" at them at quite a disconcerting volume.

Last edited:
There's something very, very wrong with the page layout in Firefox. Note that this is very bottom of the page, so you can't scroll down any further.

I have to say that the navigation is completely confusing if you just click "Personalities" in the site menu.
View attachment 669783

Its the end of the page, there is nothing after it - its just it tries to show you a preview of the pdf`s which I have now turned off.

How much simpler do you need the menu to be ? :confused:

1653064962121.png

No he has a stinking cold ! o_O - So we`re all still exhausted here, hes astonishingly active and strong, so we`ve decided to send him off to live with the circus as soon as possible. I think he was a lion tamer or an acrobat in his last life. I`m not sure he`ll take after me, if you put him in an achive now and turn your back for 20 seconds, he`d have climbed up to the top shelf and eaten most of the papers. His favorite hobby at present is shouting at strangers when I`m out walking him, he shouts "Aaagahhh blaaaH!" at them at quite a disconcerting volume.
I feel your pain/happiness. We have four, two of each, I remember our oldest daughter in the playpen looking in a little mirror, hand on a toy steering wheel and "talking" on a toy cell phone... o_O

Last week she sent me a picture from her car as she was leaving Starbucks. :oops:

Time fly's for sure, enjoy all his little activities my friend, before you know it they're off to uni.

beta&t=Do74SQyF3f8DI2_ip90w1HZO5r_cUNsrSruwHyZmZAg.jpg

Die deutsche Ãœbersetzung meines Buches "die ps-schlacht des zweiten weltkriegs" ist hier in der aktuellen Ausgabe von "Klassiker der Luftfahrt" rezensiert worden.

Es wird als "NEUES STANDARDWERK" bezeichnet. :)

------
The German translation of The Secret Horsepower Race has been reviewed by the Klassiker der Luftfahrt magazine this month, and is described
as a "New Standard-Text" on the topic.

View attachment 716628

Die deutsche Ãœbersetzung meines Buches "die ps-schlacht des zweiten weltkriegs" ist hier in der aktuellen Ausgabe von "Klassiker der Luftfahrt" rezensiert worden.

Es wird als "NEUES STANDARDWERK" bezeichnet. :)

------
The German translation of The Secret Horsepower Race has been reviewed by the Klassiker der Luftfahrt magazine this month, and is described
as a "New Standard-Text" on the topic.
Great news, I think you are being slightly modest with the translation.

Upcoming Lecture Programme:

27th April - Cambridge, UK. Royal Aeronautical Society. (In person and online feed, email David to arrange the feed).

17th May - Oxford, UK. Reaction Engines Ltd (private lecture to company personell only, closed to public)

20th June - London, UK. Institution of Mechanical Engineers. (In person).

Upcoming Lecture Programme:

27th April - Cambridge, UK. Royal Aeronautical Society. (In person and online feed, email David to arrange the feed).

17th May - Oxford, UK. Reaction Engines Ltd (private lecture to company personell only, closed to public)

20th June - London, UK. Institution of Mechanical Engineers. (In person).
But have you been on a game show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back